EX Saffa now on the Wirral

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AcaJoe

So, Ex Saffa, living on the Wirral. Moved out from SA to the UK to work and beginning to enjoy my time out here. Miss the Sunny Cape Town riding, but enjoying the challenge of riding the North Wales mountains. Horseshoe Pass being my favourite training area so far. Looking foward to the sportive scene which I have noticed is large out here. Back in SA, used to race but distances MAX was 160km, seems like the average SPORTIVE'S SEEM TO BE AROUND 100MILES :eek:, which could take some getting used to..... Always up for the challenge though.

Just looking to meet up with some likeminded individuals, age has taken me a little past the racing scene, just looking to get some miles in the legs and chat along the way.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i bet you miss the warmth for sure , and the differant scenery

Axabraxas

So, Ex Saffa, living on the Wirral. Moved out from SA to the UK to work and beginning to enjoy my time out here. Miss the Sunny Cape Town riding, but enjoying the challenge of riding the North Wales mountains. Horseshoe Pass being my favourite training area so far. Looking foward to the sportive scene which I have noticed is large out here. Back in SA, used to race but distances MAX was 160km, seems like the average SPORTIVE'S SEEM TO BE AROUND 100MILES :eek:, which could take some getting used to..... Always up for the challenge though.

Just looking to meet up with some likeminded individuals, age has taken me a little past the racing scene, just looking to get some miles in the legs and chat along the way.
Hi Joe, nice to see another cycling Saffa, not sure if that was meant ironically (in which case disregard this)..but
100 miles = 160.9344 kilometres.

You'll be fine either way :bicycle:

OP
OP
AcaJoe

AcaJoe

Hiya All, thanks for the Welcome :thumbsup:. Just for the record, my name is Brad.... ex SA Team was ACA Joe so just used that as my screen name... ;)

Ya... was looking at that 100mile mark and we literally only did 2 races over that distance.... dont think I would have much of a problem getting it done, jsut dont expect the legs to allow me to do that in 5 odd hours anymore..... But thats what happens when you arrive here and discover the joys of Dark Ale....

Well, good to be here.. look forward to a couple of rides with you fella's, might add my 2p worth in a couple of the forums :eek:, so might get a bit of stick every now and then.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm 65 and do that much every week.
Oh sorry-missed the '0' off........thought you said 10 miles:rolleyes:.
May I ask which part of the Wirral you are based.......I live in Warrington but come from the Wirral (many years ago) and still miss it.......some beautiful places there.

dodgy

Welcome, another Wirral rider here, you'll have to drop into the famous Eureka Cyclists Cafe :becool:Just up the road from you.

OP
OP
AcaJoe

AcaJoe

Thanks again gents ^_^
@Dave7, I am in bromborough, nice little place, quiet here. Do quite a bit of business out in Warrington, lovely place that.
@dodgy..... Been there a couple of times. Find it a bit "clicky", but I am the outsider :whistle: so that is to be expected. Met up with the Port SUnlight guys the one day, had already had 40 odd miles in the legs and decided to joing them on a further 60miles... needless to say, lack of food and water and 30 miles in, I hit the wall!!!! Would like to meet up with those chaps again though, jsut need to make sure that I get in soem proper drink and food though.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Thanks again gents ^_^
@Dave7, I am in bromborough, nice little place, quiet here. Do quite a bit of business out in Warrington, lovely place that.

Across the peninsular from you is Thornton Hough which takes you through to Parkgate.......all of which is still good cycling country (nice lanes). Once at Parkgate you can go maybe 20 miles or more around the coast to Wallasey.....some of that route is car free but all of it is beautiful-truly, on a nice day you could be anywhere in europe. If you are into nature then the estuary alongside Parkgate is a haven.

Doug.

Veteran
Brad.
Hello,hope you settle in the U.K.and all goes well for you.
Many years ago I lived in S.A,mainly Durban but also other towns.
Now feeling very nostalgic.
Yours with best regards
Doug.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hello Brad, I'm just back from SA where I rode the Argus. This year's event was hot and scary, you can read my account in the Reader's Tales section of this forum. Welcome anyway, hope to meet you out on the road.

Top Bottom