Exbike thief spills the beans...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Broken down into parts and sold or just taken abroad by the the container load.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
And, as commented on in the replies, it shows exactly where to buy some of the equipment needed.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Surely that means value in the sense of readily saleable and quite desirable, while not being so top-end and rare that people get suspicious?

yes..trouble with cheaper bikes is the owners tend to buy cheap locks..
i have a lock and chain that cost over 200 quid which secured my motobikes..
But a quality 50 quid lock should be used for a bike and not a free in a cycle mag type..
tho a good thief will take it whatever level of security you use..but a good lock tends to make them look elsewhere.
i hate bike thief's and burglars with a passion..

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
There's an interesting article on the Evening Standard website discussing the pointers a convicted bike thief offers to help us avoid getting our bikes nicked:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...avoid-having-their-bikes-stolen-a3249591.html

My takeaways are:
  • Some people think Halfords Carrera bikes are 'high value'
  • Bolt croppers are compared to vacuum cleaners in a similar way to how dinosaurs are compared to London buses

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The article has been on here before.

My brother-in-law has just had his Carrera MTB stolen - black and orange one. They broke into his shed. When I say shed, he is a joiner and it's about 16ft by 10ft, with UPVC doors and windows and a slate roof. The only problem, the glass wasn't in the door, just plastic, so the thieves removed the panel, then got the bike out of a bigger window !

classic33

Leg End Member
If you had a bike offerred to you at 10% it's full value, less than two months old, what would you think? And would you buy it?

Top Bottom