Excuse me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Forgive me, but this has been bugging me all day.

A splendid morning, beautiful weather, Miss T dropped off at school and I am in full flight on the back streets of Crofton Park when I meet a short line of commuting cyclists coming the other way.

'TURN THOSE LIGHTS OFF! YOU DON'T NEED THEM ON!

The lead cyclist is angrily shouting and pointing at my bike. :biggrin:

For those who don't know, I ride with my lights on day & night.
It's a throwback from my motorcycling days.

My front lights are Ay-Up lamps angled down low, so as not to blind other road users and I can vouch from experience that, even in the day they make motorists double check before pulling out and I am visible in offside wing mirrors too.

Once in a while I get a polite, 'do you know your lights are on?' from overtaking cyclists but what was with the guy this morning?

* Befudddled *

A sarcastic 'well done, you've seen me, that's the whole bloody idea, pillock (or any suitably offensive term)' would have been my ripost! :biggrin:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I am still using my 1/2 watt smart rear flasher on the way to work, i chance it at 4 pm when the sun is blazing if they cannot see me with the bright yellow smiley face on my helmet and panniers making my rear end wide ( the bike not me :biggrin:) then a light will make no difference.

gouldina

I have two competing theories:

1. He was a hardcore green and your wasting electricity drove him into righteous ecological indignation.

2. He was a twat.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I let someone know that there damn bright light was pointing a little high up and blinding bother cyclists and motorists. He told me that was the whole idea.

Some people are just knobs.

beastie

Guru
gouldina said:
I have two competing theories:

1. He was a hardcore green and your wasting electricity drove him into righteous ecological indignation.

2. He was a twat.

I'd go for 2

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
S'funny cos both front and rear lights run on specific Li On rechargeable battery packs, so it's not like I'm chucking out AAAs' anymore.

I have the same commute again next Tuesday, and should I encounter this 'Prince Of Darkness' again, I might just have to have a word in his shell-like. :biggrin:

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
gaz said:
I let someone know that there damn bright light was pointing a little high up and blinding bother cyclists and motorists. He told me that was the whole idea.

Some people are just knobs.

Were you in Crofton Park at around 9:10 today?:biggrin: :wacko:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I ride during the day with my lights on. Red eye on the rear plugged into a Race Maxx on the front. Got into it after speaking to motorcyclists.

I do worry that if everyone starts doing it that people will just "phase it out" in their head and some plonker will pull out.

..oh and I'd go with 2. as well. :whistle:

Top Bottom