EXMOUTH EXODUS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Tynan said:
All for it other than it being on the other bloody side of the country

Can't be more manly than the Dunwich Dynamo surely
Actually, I think you'll find that the DD is on the other side of the bloody country...:ohmy:

And the DD doesn't have the descent of Cheddar Gorge on it....:smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Tynan said:
All for it other than it being on the other bloody side of the country

Aye, but you can get to and from it by train, which is more than can be said for the DD.

If I've been up all night cycling to Dunwich, the last thing I'd want to do is cycle to Ipswich to get a train...:ohmy:

<edit> EE goes down Cheddar Gorge? Ubercool. Deffo coming then!

Calum

Chuffy said:
And the DD doesn't have the descent of Cheddar Gorge on it....:evil:

Hang on, since when have you enjoyed the Cheddar Gorge descent Chuffy?! Last time you did it, you were on the brakes the whole way down mate! :evil::biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
TheDoctor said:
If I've been up all night cycling to Dunwich, the last thing I'd want to do is cycle to Ipswich to get a train...:wacko:

Well I would as I would nearly be home xx(

vbc

Pretty sure I won't be riding with you this year but, as the DVLA have kindly returned my license, I'm thinking about hiring a van (half seats/half cargo type) to provide return transport for about 6/8 riders and their bikes.

I'll get a few prices and see how realistic it is, getting home to Brizzle can be a pain.

Should be a good one anyway!

johnnyh

Veteran
can someone give me an idea of how long this ride would be likely to take. I like the idea of it, especially Cheddar at night :blush:

Calum

Well it's a 100 miles and people can go as fast or as slowly as they like. Folks usually leave Bristol anytime between 9-10pm and get into Exmouth anytime from 5-8am. It's a long and tough ride with plenty of decent climbs, but it's achieveable for most regular cyclists, even those who haven't done 100 miles before. Obviously the fact that it's at night, makes things a little different. Although I didn't feel the tiredness untill we'd finished and i'd eaten. - After which, I promptly fell asleep in the car as expected. :blush:

paddy01

Small milestone in achieving my first half century last night. 50 miles in 3 and a half hours. It's a million to 1 chance but this might just work :laugh:

Top Bottom