Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Joint pain or muscle ache

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • Lasted 24-48 hours

Votes: 47 32.6%
  • Lasted a few days

Votes: 14 9.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Thought it’d be worth logging how your Covid 19 jabs have gone to get a spread of experiences.

I had the Astra Zeneca one yesterday. Today my morning waking resting HR is 7-8 beats above my baseline. I’d expect that as immune system has work to do. Other than that I have had no side effects, not even a sore arm. I’m in mid fifties.

Had a slightly sore arm, if I raised it, for a couple of days. Mrs optic had a raised red sore patch for three days. No other effects. Both AZ

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Thought it’d be worth logging how your Covid 19 jabs have gone to get a spread of experiences.

I had the Astra Zeneca one yesterday. Today my morning waking resting HR is 7-8 beats above my baseline. I’d expect that as immune system has work to do. Other than that I have had no side effects, not even a sore arm. I’m in mid fifties.
I’m 57 ⅞ and had the AZ jab on Wednesday. No reaction on the day but I felt tired all day yesterday, and have a bruised feeling in my upper arm today. That seems to be the trivial extent of it, hardly worth mentioning.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I was OK until 36 hours later - then I woken with flu-type symptoms. Since then I've felt 'bleurgh' / under the weather, with a sore stomach, but am slowly getting better.

Given I have similar reactions to the flu jab it wasn't a surprise but these have been worse.

SWMBO had the same AZ jab with no side-effects, which was good for her given she works with live Covid / rehab Covid patients.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
68½ here, and no effects from OA Jab#1 on 19th Feb except a restless nights sleep, maybe through wondering if I was going to feel dodgy the next day.
In fact, I replaced the basin and taps in my daughter's bathroom (that I was fullly expecting to have to cancel)

Experience, if we can widen the subject (?) at the Vaccination centre was good. Bike parking outside the main doors. Marshalled well, with ID checks several times on the way through the system. No cuppa and choccy biscuit like my blood donor place, though..

Edit: Jab#2 booked for mid May

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Flu like symptoms for 2-3 days after first dose. Managed with paracetamol and rest. Nothing after second dose. AZ vaccine taken last summer as part of trial and unblinded early this year. Early forties male.

Wife had flu like symptoms for 2-3 days after first dose. Managed with paracetamol and rest. Second dose booked for next week. Pfizer vaccine taken early this year as part of NHS staff vaccination program. Early forties female.

Most of my family are reporting similar effects. Basically if you've got a vaccine booked I would factor in a few days of rest and stock up on paracetamol.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Age 73. Had AZ vaccine, first dose, approximately end January 2021. Absolutely no after effects. Second Dose booked for end April. Wife (74) had first jab, same day, sore arm and slight flu like symptoms next day, for one day.

We had vaccination at a Nightingale Hospital, now being used a vaccination centre. Very slick.

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Had my AZ jab on Monday, slightly aching shoulder the next day and felt a bit tired but that could have been due to my longer MTB ride on Sunday?
No other side affects, really efficient NHS service and feel very grateful to have had it😀

I had the AZ in February . I was freezing cold in the night and tired the next day, probably because of little sleep. Sore arm for days and mild headaches. It lasted for about a week. I'm over 60 . My wife had the Pfizer jab without any problems .

Top Bottom