Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Joint pain or muscle ache

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • Lasted 24-48 hours

Votes: 47 32.6%
  • Lasted a few days

Votes: 14 9.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
got my first jab this morning. i booked for 8:20a.m. thinking it would be quite... wrong!
it was like an airport lounge, queues of folk. all the stalls setup, computers etc, very impressive
my anxiety was triggered just after getting it, sitting there for 15mins. do i feel ill? don't i? is this just anxiety :wacko:
anyway, have lived to tell the tale, glad it's over with :okay: will know what to expect during round 2 in 10 weeks

steverob

Guru
Had my first AZ jab last week at the local cinema. Disappointed not to get any popcorn with it.

Hard to say if I had any side effects - felt lousy the next day, but that I think was more due to only getting three hours sleep. And maybe that was caused by the jab, but as I do occasionally suffer from insomnia and this bad night certainly matched up with my normal triggers for that, I'm unlikely to blame Bill Gates the injection. Even my arm wasn't that sore - the only time I even felt anything was two days later when I lent up against a door with that arm and thought it felt a tiny bit tender - took me a moment to remember why!

Had my first jab (AZ) last Saturday tea time. (Female, mid-40s)

Woke up the next day feeling tired even though I'd slept well, mega sore arm and joint paint that is best described as instant full body arthritis. Could barely get out of bed, holding a cup of tea or cutlery of any sort was a challenge. Struggled to walk more than a few steps.

By the evening the worst of that had faded and by the next day the joint pain was gone. Sore arm persisted for most of the week. The worst has been the "mind fog" which means I've been unable to concentrate on anything for very long.

That's finally lifting, but my get-up-and-go is still to hit top gear again.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I had my second jab in Hereford last week. We were staying quite nearby for ten days and, since west London was booked solid, I tried a local vaccination centre between 11 and 12 weeks since the original one. They had loads of slots. Absolutely no side effects. I wouldn't have wanted Mike Tyson to have punched my upper left arm but anybody else would have probably been OK.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I had my second AZ an hour ago. I had no reaction to the first apart from being a bit tired for an hour or two a day later but like steverob I'm an insomniac and it could have been down to that.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I’m about to head off for my first (1 hour from now). Most people I know had mild flu like symptoms for 24-48 hours (AZ vaccine). I have an 80 mile ride planned for Saturday, so I’m hoping for a minimum of symptoms from whatever vaccine I receive.

battered

Guru
After my first one I experienced sharp pain in my upper arm when I moved it. This lasted until I went to bed. Upon undressing, I experienced further sharp pain. I established that this was the result of the tape on the dressing pulling the hairs out of my arm.

Top Bottom