Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Joint pain or muscle ache

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • Lasted 24-48 hours

Votes: 47 32.6%
  • Lasted a few days

Votes: 14 9.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
I had my first jab yesterday. I got the Pfizer for what ever reason, most people there seemed to be under 40 so possibly because of that.

Buck

Guru
@Julia9054 they should be contacting you to bring you forward but very much dependent on them having the stock. Additional AZ stock is being delivered next week to take into account the original second doses plus additional for the move to 8 weeks.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
1st dose default vaccine now is Pfizer In the vast majority of cases. Most AZ is allocated to 2nd dose

Ah ok, I was expecting the AZ as that's what everyone else I know has had and the walk in centres are giving that out.

But my only side effects so far are a sore arm so in am happy.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Bit bothered that if I cancel, I won't get an earlier date that is convenient and I'll end up with a later date!
Impossible to know local stock levels and waiting lists I guess, but I was offered a new appt 20 days earlier than originally booked. Huge numbers of pharmacies and gps now offering the jab so plenty of choice. I opted for a mass vaccination centre (Sandown Park) on the basis that it would a slicker process than a GP practice.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
Anyone know about these antibody tests issued by Imperial College?

Three tests are C (Control), G (long term IgG antibodies) and M (short term IgM antibodies).
I've got a clear line against C, a faint impression against G, and nothing at all against M.

Was hoping for a more emphatic sign of antibodies given that my first AZ jab was a good 8 weeks ago!

I'll keep wearing the masks for now.

View attachment 588638
I also had a negative test result weeks after vaccination #1. I assume this means I have not had Covid and will still need to isolate if I have a positive LF test result.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Anyone know about these antibody tests issued by Imperial College?

Three tests are C (Control), G (long term IgG antibodies) and M (short term IgM antibodies).
I've got a clear line against C, a faint impression against G, and nothing at all against M.

Was hoping for a more emphatic sign of antibodies given that my first AZ jab was a good 8 weeks ago!

I'll keep wearing the masks for now.

View attachment 588638

It’s why there are two doses. Bit like booster jabs for other vaccines. Majority will get good protection from first jab, but some need the second jab to really get immunity. We all need a second jab for long term immunity.

Top Bottom