Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Joint pain or muscle ache

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • Lasted 24-48 hours

Votes: 47 32.6%
  • Lasted a few days

Votes: 14 9.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had my second OAZ just over an hour ago as the clinic I went to had so many no-shows, my wife was volunteering at it so we also know the no-shows weren't elderly (but are over 40). But us getting it 3 weeks early leaves gaps (in Chester) for someone else (8th June if it matters).

lazybloke

Considering a new username
It’s why there are two doses. Bit like booster jabs for other vaccines. Majority will get good protection from first jab, but some need the second jab to really get immunity. We all need a second jab for long term immunity.
Plus I've since found the antibody test isn't designed to show past infection, not jab status. The immune system response is different, even if you're fully jabbed.

lazybloke

2nd AZ jab yesterday.

Mildly aching joints in the evening and a spell of feeling feverish in bed; including a short spell of uncontrollable shivering.
But completely back to normal this morning apart from a dull ache in the general vicinity of the injection site.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
First pfizer dose on 14th. No symptoms during the 15min wait but quickly developed a lovely headache on the way home that lasted for, well it still exists. Morning after all over body aches, general run down borderline flu feeling, shivering, lethargic and a touch of stomach upset. Tried after a week or so to ride the trainer but couldn't handle what would normally be cruising HR.

It's probably better than actual covid though

lazybloke

First pfizer dose on 14th. No symptoms during the 15min wait but quickly developed a lovely headache on the way home that lasted for, well it still exists. Morning after all over body aches, general run down borderline flu feeling, shivering, lethargic and a touch of stomach upset. Tried after a week or so to ride the trainer but couldn't handle what would normally be cruising HR.

Doesn"t sound great. You have you ruled out actual Covid?

GeekDadZoid

Über Member

Sounds pretty rough, nothing from the Pfizer jab for me except a sore arm for a day.

Had my second (PB) jab a few days ago, no ill effects with either. Mrs D had her second (AZ) yesterday and feels fine after being rough for 24 hours with the first one.

Buck

Guru

I'd get a test and if that is negative, speak to your GP. Symptoms lasting more than 7 days shouldn't be ignored.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I had the Moderna vaccine a couple weeks ago. Didn't hurt at all, but 8 hours later my arm was very sore at the injection site, and whole arm was sore and stiff. Apart from that not too bad

First jab AZ wasn’t too bad, a little achy for a day and a sore arm. Second jab was way worse, I woke up in the night with the sort of muscle pains I’d only previously experienced after a marathon. Slept very little and remained achy for most of the following day. Eased off quite suddenly during the evening and I was right as rain the next morning.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Had my second AZ dose about 30 mins ago. Only two queuing in front and not busy at all. In and out within 5 mins. They said I’d just missed rush hour. I do hope people are going for second jab and not scared off by talk of blood clots.

Again they asked for NHS number despite website giving no indication you need to know it or bring it with you on the day.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I had my second jab last Tuesday morning - felt shattered Tuesday evening and fell asleep whilst my son was at Tameside training.

Wednesday-Friday I didn't feel well at all, definitely felt 'under the weather', but improved during Friday and over the weekend. That's not much different to my first jab where I felt ill for 3-4 days afterwards.

Both jabs were the Astra-Zeneca type and in Dewsbury Health Centre; the process both times has been well-run, polite and efficient with no queues.

lazybloke

Had my second AZ dose about 30 mins ago. Only two queuing in front and not busy at all. In and out within 5 mins. They said I’d just missed rush hour. I do hope people are going for second jab and not scared off by talk of blood clots.

Again they asked for NHS number despite website giving no indication you need to know it or bring it with you on the day.
NhS number is on the back of the little card

Top Bottom