Extras at the till

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
What you'll find is that the "manufacturer's guarantee" is for a longer period than the statutory rights a customer has when buying something
Agree, but the customer usually still has 12 months to return faulty goods to the shop, not the manufacturer.

classic33

Leg End Member
What you'll find is that the "manufacturer's guarantee" is for a longer period than the statutory rights a customer has when buying something
Agree, but the customer usually still has 12 months to return faulty goods to the shop, not the manufacturer.
Which makes the 12 month "guarantee/insurance" they sell you worthless.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

In law, you can return something that is, in your opinion, faulty, up to 30 days from purchase and the retailer has to refund you. From 30 days to 6 months you can demand a repair or replacement but you can't demand a refund. After 6 months the onus is on you, the purchaser, to prove that the thing you bought was faulty. In practice, this is rather difficult

So a cast iron 12 month guarantee from a manufacture gives the purchaser rights well in excess of those in law (Consumer Rights Act). Whether a purchased guarantee in excess of that provided included in the price is up to the purchaser but rarely good value

lutonloony

Über Member
Well, if I order Americano, I shall say black, if they then listened and didn't ask if I wanted milk it would be a start

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
WH Smith always try and flog you a chocolate bar the size of Wales when you buy a magazine. Nice to see they're committed to the fight for obesity....:okay:

My bank Nat West always tries to flog me different mortgages etc when I pop in to make a payment etc, usually when the cashiers are very busy and you get to go into those wee side 'offices'. I always stress that its just a card payment and I'm not interested in anything else. Poor things, they're all geared up to sell, sell, sell.

classic33

Leg End Member
WH Smith always try and flog you a chocolate bar the size of Wales when you buy a magazine. Nice to see they're committed to the fight for obesity....:okay:

My bank Nat West always tries to flog me different mortgages etc when I pop in to make a payment etc, usually when the cashiers are very busy and you get to go into those wee side 'offices'. I always stress that its just a card payment and I'm not interested in anything else. Poor things, they're all geared up to sell, sell, sell.
Which WHSmiths do you go to?

It's bitesize bars here.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yeah Bloody Farmers they should keep their tractors to the city!!!!!!!
Why not, would you try passing this?
article-1308297-0B024189000005DC-77_634x484.jpg

Top Bottom