Extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, legs like lead......cannot find the cause.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
OK..... the Old farts retired section have been bored by me and been very encouraging.
Similar symptoms for me and MrsD.
As brief as possible.
Got flu in December which lasted till March.
Got over that and were hit by these symptoms.
•Total fatigue. Can sleep for England.
•Can't play golf. Tried 6 weeks ago and almost crawled off after 8 holes.
• No appetite. Not cooked a proper meal
in 3 months.
• not been able to cycle for months.
We thought Covid 19.
Had 3 blood tests.....negative.
Had an ultra scan today, all positive.
Put new CO detectors in....nothing.
We have an inspector out on Tuesday to check our water supply.
Whatever it is... its something thats affecting both of us
BTW... I am having more blood tests next week.
Thanks for listening ^_^

cant help , but good luck and i hope you find out what is responsible, by the way what size did you say your bikes was ....you know....just in case :okay:

SGG on a bike

Sounds pretty horrendous. Hope you get some good news and get over it soon. Both me and the Mrs picked up a flu like virus about this time last year. I was still suffering with fatigue as late as March this year and even now don't have the stamina I had previously. Hang in there though, you'll get there.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Like most people in the world you are suffering depression, which prevents you from doing the things you used to enjoy.
Not at all. I will totally discount that thought even though I appreciate the comment
Both had flu at the same time ??
Both got these symptoms at the same time,??
No.
I am going with something physical.

Thats odd, especially as you both have the same issue. Diet? Or possibly just a low in the 'engine room'. I have been through similar, then out of the blue, the clouds part and all that muscle memory in the legs comes back, no idea why. Good luck :okay:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
OK..... the Old farts retired section have been bored by me and been very encouraging.
Similar symptoms for me and MrsD.
As brief as possible.
Got flu in December which lasted till March.
Got over that and were hit by these symptoms.
•Total fatigue. Can sleep for England.
•Can't play golf. Tried 6 weeks ago and almost crawled off after 8 holes.
• No appetite. Not cooked a proper meal
in 3 months.
• not been able to cycle for months.
We thought Covid 19.
Had 3 blood tests.....negative.
Had an ultra scan today, all positive.
A shot in the dark but have you considered ( can't remember the name of the gas ) that comes from the ground, is oderless but can provoke the symptoms you described. Sorry I can't be of anymore help but I am sure somebody on here will know what it is called.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Try the following:
Even if none of this does you any good, none of this will hurt you; and you will have the satisfaction of actively doing something about it. Good health!

MntnMan62

Über Member
Have you both gone for a full physical examination? Last time you saw the cardiologist? Heat disease can cause these symptoms. Both of you? Could be a coincidence or it could be a product of diet? Also, the fatigue could be caused by your poor appetite. I suggest trying to eat healthy for a couple weeks and see if the fatigue goes away. And seek the advice of a physician.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Haven’t made any disparaging remarks about Putin on the net followed by a visit from two well built men with thick Eastern European accents who’s car had broken down asking for help?
Seriously it’s probably just a side effect of the lockdown, I’m sure it will clear up soon.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do you have a carbon monoxide alarm, batteries ok ?

Low level CO exposure can cause the symptoms you describe so worth checking any gas appliances.
That was my first thought too, until I spotted this...

I nearly died from CO poisoning [see THIS THREAD], so I watch out for people at risk!

PS @Dave7 - just to doublecheck... they are CO detectors aren't they, NOT SMOKE detectors? And you have them in every room where there is a gas appliance?

Last edited:
Top Bottom