Eyesight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Sorry ColinJ couldn’t have had my reading glasses on. There was no problem in Scotland getting both eyes done for cataracts. Not near where I live so 3 days away from home. I was able to drive within a couple of days but left it for a week to be on the safe side. The nearest large hospital for any advanced surgical stuff is 100 miles and a ferry journey each way. Not as bad as it sounds as the health board picks up the tab for nearly all expenses.

tyred

Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with my eyes but for some reason light bulbs aren't as bright as they used to be.

Julia9054

Guru
I've been short sighted since I was a kid but the near sight has started to go in the last few years. My short sight has improved correspondingly to the point where my right eye is now almost perfect. I wore contacts since i was about 20 and tried varifocal contacts but found they didn't do either job very well. Can't read at all now with distance glasses but can read fine with no glasses.
I wear varifocals for work and for driving and manage with no glasses a lot of the time. I have problems when the light is tricky. I am a musician and stage lighting/reading music can be difficult. Varifocals can be a problem because you have to keep your head still which is tricky when you are playing.

Top Bottom