Facebook - do you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ianrauk said:
Do have facebook profile, but thinking of deleting the damn thing.

I don't think you can. You can leave but it just closes your acct. in case you want to re-activate it.

I was drawn in once by an invite from a friend. I was totally bemused and irritated by it. In the end I told her my network was locked down so tight because of the kids I couldn't easily access it and so had closed my acct.

Plax

Guru
I'm on facebook, useful for keeping in touch with uni friends etc. Get fed up of those silly quiz things and invites to vatious causes. I just ignore them all.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm on there, useful for keeping in touch with various rellies and friends, and basically a bit of a laugh. Mrs F is deeply suspicious of it, as are some friends of our age... me, I like it. I keep a close eye on the kids' accounts (they're 16 and 13; the youngest can't have one yet).
I'm on there with the name my friends call me, which is not quite my genuine real name. No offence, but I won't be joining the CC group... it's a separate thing for me...:tongue:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Plax said:
I'm on facebook, useful for keeping in touch with uni friends etc. Get fed up of those silly quiz things and invites to vatious causes. I just ignore them all.

Ahh yes the numerous causes. Same here ignore them all

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Is great when you're an ex-pat, helps you keep in touch.

Good for photos too.

Not such a fan of all the quizzes and other crap though...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Facebook is fine provided that you keep on top of it and lock everything down. My proudest moment as a Facebook member was when my son removed me as one of his 'friends' because of my 'pervy' profile picture taken when I'd let some girls on a school trip straighten my hair:

me-1.jpg

There is a lot of inane crap posted but choosing one's friends carefully can filter a lot of it out. I don't know how anyone can service some of the huge friends lists that I've seen - 400+ members!

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Plax said:

+ 1

And a fcking hate that bloody Farm Town. The OH loves it ... small things and all that :tongue:. Gives me some peace and quiet anyway. :laugh:

AdamBlade

I use it to keep in touch with friends and relatives. Also good for sharing pics which would only end up sat on my camera or pc.

Didn't know there was a CC group though.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Panter said:
I've just joined the CC group but I must admit I don't really get it. Or twitter for that matter. Maybe it's an age thing :laugh:

Yes - the CC group doesn't seem that active there. Not sure about what it's for tbh. And only 63 members, whereas there's over 5000 active members here, a goodly proportion of whom must have Facebook accounts.

I'm with you on the Twitter thing, as I've said before on here. And maybe it is an age thing - I think those of us old enough to remember the special status ascribed to receiving a Post Office Telegram find some aspects of modern messaging quite trivial or even unneccessary - but each to his/her own! :tongue:

As for Facebook, I'm still finding my way around, but it's early days: going to give it a chance and see how I get on. If it fulfils the purpose of keeping all my relatives 'in the loop', it may be worth investing a bit of time.

Top Bottom