Failing to acknowledge other cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcard

Veteran
Did you smash his bike up?

U

User6179

10ish cyclists from local club ( fast group) passed me n a m8 last week on a big local climb , said hello to first two n both said nout then third one said hi , then next one blanked us again , when the last one was passing my m8 said, do you know these nobs quite loudly so he would hear ^_^

Dose not bother me whether they say hi or not but is nice to be nice!

U

User6179

So there we are. sat on the 22:23 Fratton to Brighton train when another cyclist gets on at Worthing, unhooks his panniers, leans his bike against ours and walks off without acknowledging a friendly wave. What is it with some people?

He might of been needing a jobby , you do not want any acknowledgement of anyone :smile:

Big Nick

Went out with the missus for a bike ride today and was pleased the vast majority of cyclists (and there was a lot!) had a pleasant word as they passed with a few shouting encouragement to the missus when she was struggling up a hill!

You always get one miserable tw@ though and today was no exception with a old guy in full team kit and mirror shades blanking our cheery hello.....maybe he was deaf as a post?

U

User6179

Went out with the missus for a bike ride today and was pleased the vast majority of cyclists (and there was a lot!) had a pleasant word as they passed with a few shouting encouragement to the missus when she was struggling up a hill!

You always get one miserable tw@ though and today was no exception with a old guy in full team kit and mirror shades blanking our cheery hello.....maybe he was deaf as a post?

I always pass this guy n his misses with a low cut top on the drops and I never know to encourage her or not :smile:

This always reminds me of an old Naval trick to annoy Officers and make them move from an area

Get a group of about twenty or thirty and then walk past him at intervals, saluting smartly

Then allow just enough time for him (or her) to lower their arm before the next crisp salute and repeat the process.

Done properly you could then start the line coming back the other way.

Even the most stubborn would move

On the train in the NE sat with with cycling gear on, bike tied up at rear of train, another cyclist sits opposite me, give him the normal courtesy greetings, not a word out of him "Ah well he's had a hard day leave him in peace" Another person gets on, non cyclist and sits on the opposite side of aisle to us. My cyclist and new comer obviously know each other and start conversation across the aisle. In the next twenty miles, I get the low down on half the kids they teach at a semi private school and the kids parents. Non cyclist gets off at twenty mile mark the other goes in to numb mood and gets off ten miles further. From accents not locals or at least not educated in this area. Put them down as typical teachers but ones that have moved in too the area. Put the experience down "as remember them but don't let them bother you"

As for OP I acknowledge other riders when I can but accept that this is not always possible either on the road or on the train. I also accept that some but not the majority do not want to enter any sort of dialogue with people. That is human nature. Now if I can only motivate myself to get off this dam computer and stop waiting for the E mail that I know will not come for at least two more days!!

Top Bottom