Failing to acknowledge other cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
i'm usually too knackered to talk !! i normally nod but dosn't bother me if they nod back or not, although here in france naerly everybody says bonjour, it can take hours to get anywhere !!!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I dont expect every cyclist in a large group of cyclists to acknowledge me, one is enough.

Steve

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
So there we are. sat on the 22:23 Fratton to Brighton train when another cyclist gets on at Worthing, unhooks his panniers, leans his bike against ours and walks off without acknowledging a friendly wave. What is it with some people?
Will this be too tempting for the ker-chingster supreme? Or will the committee rule that failure to acknowledge conditions have not been met as you were not on the bike at the time?

sight-pin

Veteran
I sometimes like to acknowledge other cyclist, and the response is varied.
But looking at it from the other side of the fence, I don't drive around saying hello to other drivers when in my car, so why should we expect others to respond to us just because we look to have the same interest perhaps?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
10ish cyclists from local club ( fast group) passed me n a m8 last week on a big local climb , said hello to first two n both said nout then third one said hi , then next one blanked us again , when the last one was passing my m8 said, do you know these nobs quite loudly so he would hear ^_^

Dose not bother me whether they say hi or not but is nice to be nice!

It wasn't the Willesden club, by any chance? They struck me as a bunch of miserable nobbers when they passed me on a hill near Tring a couple of weeks ago without so much as a friendly smile.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I was standing at a urinal the other day when a guy cam in wearing cycling gear and also stood at the urinal. Despite my constant effort to make eye contact with him and pleasant greetings he simply ignored me and quickly left without even having a pee. How effing rude!

Top Bottom