Fake bikes thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
My mate has got a fake Pinarello F12 & a fancy Fake Factor. He’s put high end group set & components on the fake frames.
They seem to perform flawlessly and like to show off on social media even though a few of us know they’re FAKE.
These Chinese companies who copy them seem to be making a really good quality job & the paint finish is spectacular. I mean any Pin that’s copied perfectly is just like a pin right?
Not like trying to fake a Ferrari by putting a snide body kit on an MR2 is it?

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Quality assurance. I think major brands such as Pinarello will be monitoring the factories who make their frames.

Twice in your post you said the suppliers "seem" to do a good job. I prefer a bit more than "seem" as a quality standard.

I wouldn't want to discover my fake Pinarello had a dodgy frame on a 30mph descent!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
The guy who runs one of the local bike shops has a fake Pinarello. He even puts it in the window display.
I bought a Deng-Fu and happily ride it as such. You get a warranty from them and you know where it is made. It looks a bit like the old Venge but not an exact copy. Raced on it even got a couple of podiums. It has done 65,000 km and is still going strong. Not 100% sure about fakes as you don't get the background info.

Generally I would prefer to buy a good quality unknown brand than something fake but lower quality

having said which my wife would swim a raging torrent for a good looking fake handbag!!!

Reactions: C R
Hambini’s latest video of Bertolettis frame QC makes me think price is irrelevant, your better off looking at quality rather than the name of the brand.

Chinese companies are selling their carbon bike frame and wheels using their own brand/names. You can see that in forums and YouTube.

They have provided frames and wheels for Hambini to review on build and finish and they seem to receive good reviews. People have bought it have given favourable reviews.

Its not something the older generation will accept despite most the high end branded bikes starting life in China for the last 20 years.

I'd much rather buy a less prestigious brand than a fake prestige brand.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Chinese companies are selling their carbon bike frame and wheels using their own brand/names. You can see that in forums and YouTube.

They have provided frames and wheels for Hambini to review on build and finish and they seem to receive good reviews. People have bought it have given favourable reviews.

Its not something the older generation will accept despite most the high end branded bikes starting life in China for the last 20 years.
OK, I'll ask. At 68 I guess I might be in what you would consider the "older" generation though I'd argue with that as a description of my generation.

Why would older people find it difficult to accept fake goods?

Have you considered the issues which arise from fake cigarettes, cosmetics, electricals, medicines, car parts, children's toys, alcohol products? All of these have an established record of being a very real threat to the consumer.

Why assume a bike frame would be any different to the products which have been proven to be dangerous?

If you have children would you be happy for them to play with fake toys of unknown provenance?

Last edited:

I'd rather pay a bit more to a retailer in this country.
If your Chinese frame breaks - it's just going to be trickier to sort out. Each to their own though.

D

Deleted member 26715

Had to check it wasn't April 1st the pretentiousness is overwhelming

Top Bottom