Fake users

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I am actually a spambot.
Or is that a barmpot?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Facebook has 83 million fake users......and I wondered who among CC members is a fake. Anyone care to own up or nominate someone else?

I have an account which I can never be arsed using, so, err, sort of.

I'd have said that MDB was a fake......but I now know that he exists..:laugh:

Oddly enough, every so often certain new members come along on here and get really friendly with me, and when promptly disappear. I have long wondered if some of the people on here are actually multiple account creations of an individual or individuals.

I however, have no proof and can't be arsed trying finding out anyway, so I just go along with it.

A friend of mine has created accounts for all her cats. It puts the concept of crazy cat lady into a whole new light. :crazy:

There is Dogbook, and Cindy is on it somewhere...

PBancroft

Considering services like Spotify now require a Facebook account just to sign up (you can't sign up any other way any more) I'm not surprised that people may create fake accounts for that purpose alone.

PBancroft

That's the only reason I signed up to Facebook.

I'm guessing that increasing Facebook users was the point, as one of the main investors also held a senior role at Facebook - Its the only reason I've not signed up for Spotify.

EDIT: Hm. I've just reread that and I realise it comes across as incredibly self-righteous. I don't mean it that way. I just didn't want a Facebook account (even a fake one) for the sole purpose of listening to music.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Considering services like Spotify now require a Facebook account just to sign up (you can't sign up any other way any more) I'm not surprised that people may create fake accounts for that purpose alone.
I don't use Spotify and so didn't know that.

Am I the only person who still buys music and films from a shop, recorded on a disc, instead of downloading?

Top Bottom