Falcon Black Diamond with Ernie Clements . Model year and Frame material.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pardus

Regular
I bought a Falcon Black Diamond last week. It seems in pretty good condition.13.700 kg with accessories. It has a Ernie Clements label. Sallers sad that is a 1978 531 frame but there is no any sticker about this. Does anyone have any idea how to get information about model year and frame material? Thanks.
00u0u_iewO6mg2fyZ_0CI0pO_1200x900.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I bought a Falcon Black Diamond last week. It seems in pretty good condition.13.700 kg with accessories. It has a Ernie Clements label. Sallers sad that is a 1978 531 frame but there is no any sticker about this. Does anyone have any idea how to get information about model year and frame material? Thanks.
View attachment 558860
Welcome Pardus. If it is a 531 frame, try tapping it with a key or other metallic object, it should ding nicely, not a dull dong.
A nice tidy bike, if a tad heavy at 13.700KG:ohmy::laugh:
A few more photographs of the bike and some close ups of the stickers on the seat tube would be nice.

OP
OP
P

Pardus

Regular
Welcome Pardus. If it is a 531 frame, try tapping it with a key or other metallic object, it should ding nicely, not a dull dong.
A nice tidy bike, if a tad heavy at 13.700KG:ohmy::laugh:
A few more photographs of the bike and some close ups of the stickers on the seat tube would be nice.
Thanks for your kind reply. I tried, but it didn't sing nicely. I will add more pictures with the signature of Ernie Clements.

Hi and :welcome:.
I think the frame could be made from Truwell, similar material but electrically seam welded. If you remove the seat post and look down inside for a seam running the length of the tube you will be able to tell. If it doesn't have a seam it could possibly be 531.
I have a Black Diamond , it might be the same year as yours but it doesn't have chrome forks and it is deep flamboyant red. It does have the same Simplex rear derailleur though . Does yours have chrome wheels ? I have fitted alluminium ones on mine and it rides a lot better now .
It is one of my favourite bikes to ride .
I'll have a look for the thread about vintage Falcon cycles and try and find the bit with a catalogue in . The search thing isn't very helpful ! :wacko:

OP
OP
P

Pardus

Regular
Hi and :welcome:.
I think the frame could be made from Truwell, similar material but electrically seam welded. If you remove the seat post and look down inside for a seam running the length of the tube you will be able to tell. If it doesn't have a seam it could possibly be 531.
I have a Black Diamond , it might be the same year as yours but it doesn't have chrome forks and it is deep flamboyant red. It does have the same Simplex rear derailleur though . Does yours have chrome wheels ? I have fitted alluminium ones on mine and it rides a lot better now .
It is one of my favourite bikes to ride .
I'll have a look for the thread about vintage Falcon cycles and try and find the bit with a catalogue in . The search thing isn't very helpful ! :wacko:
Thanks for your information. I will do and inform you. Best.

Try looking for Vintage Falcon road bikes in search ! It might come up, it's a bit hit and miss. There are a few of our Falcons in there including a couple of mine . I think I can remember that there were some catalogues posted in amongst the chat somewhere .

Top Bottom