Vintage Falcon road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My two Falcons, or a Pair of Grins ! :whistle:

John Mac

Some lovely Falcons on this post, here is my 1980 Falcon Professional. Originally purchased from a shop in Lancashire in 81'. I am told It was a show bike for the then new Shimano Aerodynamics Ax series which didn't really gain too much popularity. Some components are now 600.
Typically Falcon, very little is known about the bike, it's frame number is 00002, people have speculated it was a special build, but we will never really know.
It was donated to me by a lovely old semi pro racer in 2009, I don't use it often but it rides beautifully.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 96

midlife

Guru
That's fab :smile:, Falcon have a brochure with two of their pro riders standing next to a bike like that. Must have a search for it. The super pro was not reynolds with chrome forks I think. The number probably means it wasn't a routine production line frame.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Some lovely Falcons on this post, here is my 1980 Falcon Professional. Originally purchased from a shop in Lancashire in 81'. I am told It was a show bike for the then new Shimano Aerodynamics Ax series which didn't really gain too much popularity. Some components are now 600.
Typically Falcon, very little is known about the bike, it's frame number is 00002, people have speculated it was a special build, but we will never really know.
It was donated to me by a lovely old semi pro racer in 2009, I don't use it often but it rides beautifully.
That's a bit special. Great condition, it looks like it was made last week! 👍👍

OP
OP
southcoast

southcoast

Über Member
Thats very interesting the serial number on my Falcon Super Pro is very similar to that, only one number that isn’t a zero.
Thats a very nice Falcon. What modifications were made when it was restored?

John Mac

Thats very interesting the serial number on my Falcon Super Pro is very similar to that, only one number that isn’t a zero.
Thats a very nice Falcon. What modifications were made when it was restored?
Thanks for your kind comments,by the time I took ownership it had been relegated to the turbo trainer and was quite corroded. I fitted some 700c Mavic Module e and Brooks Swift. Along with a repaint in the team colour all of the anodised parts were stripped and machine polished. Do you have a picture of the Super Pro, what era is it.

OP
OP
southcoast

southcoast

Über Member
If the frame numbers are anything to go by, it would seem to have been made at about the same time as your pro, but with Falcon who really knows? My bike has no brazed on cable guides so appears to be a earlier spec.
One thing to note is both bikes have squared off stays where they meet the rear dropouts, earlier bikes would be rounded off at the end of the stays.

99ragtop

Here is my Falcon San Remo - Do not have a specific date of the Frame, but I believe it is CIRCA 1970. I bought it as a frame and fork and ir hung in my garage for about 10 years. It is original paint but new decals. My idea was to build it with all British components. I collected components over the years, and just last year I finally had enough to put it together into a ride worthy British Tourer. I did pretty well, but I had to go with Campy Wheels and a Campy Record Crank. I was able to go British the rest of the way! GB Brakes, Bars Stem and Toe clips. Benelux detailers with a Super 60 rear derailleur (took me a while to find that!) Bluemels Popular Fenders and of course a Brooks Professional saddle. This picture was taken befo

before I changed out the fenders and the Super 60 Derailleur (Campy N Record shown). Very comfortable ride and always gets attention when I take her out for a ride.

Top Bottom