Falcon Westminster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Warny

Über Member
Hi all,

Picked this up over the weekend, it's in amazing nick and can't have been ridden much. One of the better Falcon offerings I guess, my Dad had the same model for years. 531 frame, half-chome forks, Shimano Altus groupset. Original Rigida wheels with Michelin World Tour tyres, and cool leather inserts (not seen those before) on the MKS pedals. Looks like 1982 on the brake calipers and Maillard hubs. Also got a Huret Odometer which apparently still works! 548657

midlife

Guru
I have a soft spot for Falcon as we sold them in our shop and my road bike BITD Was a San Remo. They sold some real tat but that looks really nice :smile:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Nice bike,
I was looking at that particular one, but really couldn't justify yet another bike.
It looks in very good nick, enjoy.

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Thanks, there is a small amount of rust on the rear rack and a bit of lettering on the top tube has been scratched. Apart from that I can't find a mark on it! No stickers on the forks, would these have been 531 too?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Thanks, there is a small amount of rust on the rear rack and a bit of lettering on the top tube has been scratched. Apart from that I can't find a mark on it! No stickers on the forks, would these have been 531 too?
Does the 531 sticker on the seat tube say Frame and Forks?

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
It's just got '531 butted frame tubes', so not the forks I guess. My Falcon Cotswold has 531 stickers on the forks too.

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Ah interesting, I'll check when I get home.

Top Bottom