fallen off? show us your well earned wound...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
shoulder and back.JPG
d

Got doored in July by stationary HGV; battered and bruised all over but that's just one example.

Go on then! First icy day last year, guy in front goes down on ice I'd nowhere to go so hit him, sending me over the bars and landing on my left shoulder. Not a scratch on me, my bike or my gear. The resulting broken collar bone has left me with two scars - one where they put the plate in and one where they took it out again four months later.
2013-01-31091020_zps7a156ed8.jpg

2013-01-31091002_zpsc375c98b.jpg

Got one of those!

I had a mountain bike accident whera a tree jumped out in front of me ...... NOT my fault you understand.

I had a fractured clavicle, three ribs, skull pelvis and 2 hip fractures

... but I got better!

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Broken femur - pic shows fracture after it was removed three inches out of my pelvis - took three nurses to pull it out...

Attachments

• femur proximal fracture .jpg
    femur proximal fracture .jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 41

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat

Accident was caused by a dodgy borrowed bike...made a vow only to use my own bikes in the future :smile:

oldroadman

Veteran
Broken femur - pic shows fracture after it was removed three inches out of my pelvis - took three nurses to pull it out...
Horrible, a neighbour had the same thing happen and it could hardly be described as amusing - all the best for a good recovery - just go steady and build up gently - being fit helps a lot as things mend a little more quickly.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Horrible, a neighbour had the same thing happen and it could hardly be described as amusing - all the best for a good recovery - just go steady and build up gently - being fit helps a lot as things mend a little more quickly.

Next years early season races will be a good marker of any losses, hopefully not too much.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
It may not look too gory from the outside but underneath is a broken collarbone- the sling around the neck is supporting the other arm which was broken at the elbow. All healed now thank goodness!
IMAG0139 (1).jpg

Top Bottom