Falling apart?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Good luck VP and at least if there is post op pain they will no doubt give you the meds to deal with it.........

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Well I made it to Asia and am sat on iPhone in a coffee shop in the mad place that is shanghai! Arm is very sore, not helped by 7 hours of transcribing on weds and thurs and a day of work yesterday:sad:
I saw my physio the day before i travelled as had been very sore for a couple of weeks - very painful myofascial trigger point release - in my forearm every point that can hurt with tennis elbow does :sad: also ultra sounded and was taped to support forearm and tendon which stayed on for 4 days and oww when peeled off :blush:
I fly home tomorrow, few days at work and then the op is on Friday morning!! How quickly did that come round?!?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Nothing worse than being a away and feeling crappy, let alone away working and pain.

Good luck with the op and follow the recovery instructions to the letter..

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers Loco

I am definitely looking forward to getting home, sleeping in my own bed and seeing the mog-cat ^_^

Having walked around Shanghai all day, my legs and feet are bl**dy killing me today...I am very glad I am sitting in Upper for the 12 hour flight I am about to board.

Slept horribly too (noisy pople in room next door, no not *that* sort of noisy), my arm really hurts, suffice to say I am feeling a tad sorry for myself today (albeit less hungover than yesterday morning) :headshake:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Well I had the op yesterday morning and ouch ouch ouch! Apparently the tendon was barely attached to the bone and released away much easier than expected. Messy tendon cleaned up and reattached to bone with plastic screw. Much worse than seen on scan. Asked the surgeon straight out if would have ever healed, no. So the right thing to do, just got to rest it now which is quite easy as hurts like hell when moved! Leave the hospital this morning and a week on the sofa beckons :smile:

That all sounds good. No wonder it wasn't healing and giving you so much trouble. Fingers crossed for a good recovery.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Well I had the op yesterday morning and ouch ouch ouch! Apparently the tendon was barely attached to the bone and released away much easier than expected. Messy tendon cleaned up and reattached to bone with plastic screw. Much worse than seen on scan. Asked the surgeon straight out if would have ever healed, no. So the right thing to do, just got to rest it now which is quite easy as hurts like hell when moved! Leave the hospital this morning and a week on the sofa beckons :smile:
Result seems the wrong word to use lol but it appears that the right decision was made which must be a massive relief... Just the recovery to go onward and upwards!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Watch out for day time tv, takes your soul.

Heal fast.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Just over 2 weeks post op, see the surgeon on Wednesday for follow up and to lose the dressing and steristrips. Hopefully be cleared to start physio on Thursday - wrist splint still being worn, not good for forearm strength!

Went back to work last Weds, feeling a bit guilty as a very busy time and bored of cookery programmes (I did not watch Jeremy Kyle once) - probably too soon even for short days as lot of pain but hey. Cutting right back on the pain killers, it's ok if I don't do much :smile:

Not yet driving, automatic car so no gear change, but not sure I could steer confidently!

Beautiful day here, missing the cycling, exercise bike in front of X Factor is a poor substitute :rolleyes:

Oh and I absolutely hate clothes with sleeves, putting on hurts everytime however careful I am :sad:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Saw surgeon on Wednesday for follow up, elbow is quite swollen but he seemed happy. Cleared me for physio, but ROM and soft tissue settling only, no strengthening for at least 8 weeks (indeed, until my next follow up on 30 Jan). Asked about cycling - he looked at me as if mad and pointed out that I may come a cropper when I find out I don't have the strength to brake half way down a hill! So that's a no for a few months at least :sad:

Started physio on Thursday, stretched arm out (extension lag due to shortened bicep tendon and swelling) and had forearm massage, all a bit ouchy

Still very sore at work, it doesn't like being rested on a desk. Only 2 more weeks and then I am off for the rest of the year, including 2 weeks of Florida sunshine, yay

I still hate sleeves!

Top Bottom