Falling out of love DIY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
No, I've done three bathrooms with wall-hung pans, which required a lot of measuring and strong studwork and are holding out well but I don't want to do any more. I just stick to repairing stuff that people have told be can't be repaired and should be thrown away and replaced with new.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
If I ever have to do a boring/mundane DIY job, I make a party of it. By that I mean, few pints of Old Rosie and some loud music. For me, a boring job well done is far more satisfying than a fun job that doesn't turn out as well as planned

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I have done most things in my time, and still do quite a lot. But it's a big, old house, and certain jobs are much easier to let someone else tackle. Down here, being a bit rural, we know most of the tradespeople (and they know us, I hope not in a Lloyd-George kind of way), so no fly-by-night worries.
I did do some aerial fitting a while back...

Dave7

Legendary Member
Similar to others......brought up in the 50s/60s you just got on with most unskilled jobs. I am not good or handy (my nickname is Mr Bean) but I used to enjoy decorating and did all my own.
Nowadays I prefer to cycle or golf and pay the expert. Luckily I have found a really good Mr Fixit, very good at many things.
My older Bro was similar but more gifted than me. He moved house some 6 months ago and paid others to do new bathroom, kitchen tiling and decorating hall, stairs and landing. He is VERY unhappy with virtually everything.

Top Bottom