Fame at last.....nice arse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Arch said:
Did he do that thing he does to me, where he says it's flat ride, about 40 miles, and it turns out to be 75 up the North Face of the Eiger? I've learnt eventually, not to go on his rides, but to opt for the easier/more teastop option...

Although I'm a few years his senior, I'm always up for an adventure and can usually keep up except when I can't.

ChrisKH

Guru
Crikey BS your thighs look like they could crack nuts. I did think your bike was very colourful tho'.

Arch

Married to Night Train
betty swollocks said:
Well, here's a youtube video of the bike, the hub gear and my thighs. Again, it's in the Borders, this time near Duns and that's Jason's voice.

oh, how familiar!

He (or it might have been his brother) got some great video, at the last bikerite, of a friend trying to cross a ford on an upright trike. The ford turned out to be deeper and have a slipperier bottom surface than expected, and being a trike, Paul didn't fall off, but just sort of ground to a halt...

Pete

Arch said:
BTW, I've always found the staff at Berwick to be the most helpful and cheerful when travelling with my bike, a real pleasure.
Delighted to hear it. We have another 'Berwick' station down our way, village halt on the Lewes to Eastbourne stretch. I doubt if you would get any help from staff there at all, seeing as there aren't any (supposing a train deigns to stop there at all, which is seldom). And of course the usual Southern Trains mantra will apply - "before ten a.m. Sir/Madam? Get lost"...

Have read the article through, and must say, though, that some parts of the network have a bit of catching up to do - such as our bit. Getting bikes onto trains even in permitted hours can be horrendous. And at our local station the bike storage facilities - despite having been 'cleaned up' a few years ago, are still hopeless. Thefts are commonplace and unpreventable it seems.

Top Bottom