Family Think I Am Over Doing Exercise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The solution may be, as we did, to stop putting every activity on FB !
Actually, is that a solution? I mean, it stops you getting grief, but it allows the FB inactivity perception bubble to continue. Keep posting and fark 'em if they can't accept the reality of what is actually reasonable exercise.

OP
OP
C

chrisb1357

Über Member
Think someone above asked my height. I am 5ft 11 and a big build. Always have been a big size and never stick thin lol

as pointed out already you've had all the tests , tell the family in a reasonable manner how much your life has improved, if they don't understand then its not you problem, its theirs, are you married, kids etc , if so are they happy with the current situation , if so, crack on , lifes to short , you never know whats around the corner, as I recently found out, to me,looks like jealousy from other family members who perhaps do nothing living in fear of what may happen given family history.

Tin Pot

Guru
Yeah, I'm over doing exercise, too. Tried it, didn't like it. :smile:

There's nothing as satisfying as finishing a two hour meandering cross country run in good weather, then feet up for a leisurely beer before a shower :smile:

Two and a half hours or more is 'king agony, but two hours...

;)

MikeG

Guru
I am 34 years old ..........r

At 34, why are you concerned what other people say about your activity?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I must admit I do sometimes feel tired after a 30 to 50 mile ride but this just depends on the pace of the ride and the amount of hills we ride. I never monitor my heart rate during exercise and go by what my body is telling me.

The odd ride I have stopped more than once but that's due to me knowing I am pushing myself to much so I just ease off. Some days I will just do a slow ride other rides I may ride a chain gang or more easier route etc.

The pass week I have been full of cold as well so I have given all exercise a hit on the head for the last week and just rested as I know my body was telling me I need a rest.

I can be more knackered on my 24 quickie loop than a full club run , like you say it all depends on pace and how your feeling, coming home after a night shift i can be tired and hungry , my pace could be described as a snail with a ball and chain .

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
, like you say it all depends on pace and how your feeling, coming home after a night shift i can be tired and hungry , my pace could be described as a snail with a ball and chain .
Been there a couple times when on nights. About halfway in to the 10 mile commute when I hit a bit of an incline. Can barely keep the pedals turning and just want to get off and sit at the side of the road! Happens very rarely but I know sometimes I just shouldn't have taken the bike. Your body will tell you when it has had enough.....

screenman

Legendary Member
I am just off to the gym for a 90 minute session, that after a 2k swim this morning. Funny but it is only the people who do no excersise that think I do too much.

Much like it is only fatties who think I do not need to shed a few pounds.

Top Bottom