Famous/semi famous people you know/knew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
mmmmm where do I start .......

Wife's family house and David Beckhams family house used to share a back fence
Worked and done tours with Alice Cooper, Motorhead, The Dammed, Tom Robinson, Tom Jones, Avril Levine, (and many many more)
Sung on stage, at a gay club, with Ian Astbury and Lemmy (together)
Worked backstage, over a number of years at Glasto with more names than I can remember
Had the Super Furry Animals with James Brown in the back of my Landrover when I broke down on the M3
Accidentally ran over (Lord) Cecil Parkinson on my bike (his fault, he was pissed in the middle of the road)
Played rock scissors paper with Pavarotti
Went to see a ballet with Lady Diana Spencer (as was)

that will do for starters .......

Lee_M

Guru
If you look at the title thread then it does, very much count ^_^
What discipline were they in?
Which games?
And not that it matters*, how did they do?
*as in just being good enough is amazing.

I'm sure I'll be easy to track down with all that info!

Eldest sister was British record holder at 400mHurdles before Sally Gunnel. Went to LA in 1984
Best result was 7th in worlds in 1983 - all others ahead were east europeans and all were later banned for drugs - so I'll take that as a win

Youngest sister won commonwealth games 100m Hurdles in 1991 commonwealths, went to Barcelona in 1992. Fastest ever Welsh woman (even though she's from Yorkshire :-) )

CharlesF

Guru
Met Douglas Bader, when he worked for Shell, and asked in to sign “Reach for the Sky”. He replied “B**ger off”.

Was friendly with the Price boys and use to knock Nick’s school hat off when we all rode home. When he became No 1 in the World Golf Rankings he remained friends with my younger sister and used to take her husband to play in the pro-am tournament before the championship matches.

My younger sister also knows Mick Jagger, through horse riding, and Dustin Hoffman as her firm re-designed his London flat.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I went to school with Rick Hampton (a rock DJ on Wolf FM) and Jonathan Pedley, a wine 'expert' who used to appear on Keith Floyd's TV programme.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm sure I'll be easy to track down with all that info!

Eldest sister was British record holder at 400mHurdles before Sally Gunnel. Went to LA in 1984
Best result was 7th in worlds in 1983 - all others ahead were east europeans and all were later banned for drugs - so I'll take that as a win

Youngest sister won commonwealth games 100m Hurdles in 1991 commonwealths, went to Barcelona in 1992. Fastest ever Welsh woman (even though she's from Yorkshire :-) )
Wots tha trying to say?

My dad's mate gave Acker Bilk his first clarinet.

the thread seems to have gone from famous people you knew and now moved moved to famous people you have met briefly..... or your cousins aunties boyfriend claims to have once met

I don't know anyone famous but have met and had conversations with....,vince Clarke, midge ure , billy currie , warren caan, gary numan phil oakey, neil Arthur, steve strange, mike score and a few others, all met through a band I was in for a few years

Drago

Legendary Member
Here we are. Didn't realise I still had this pic.

Image043.jpg

Top Bottom