Farewell, nice knowing you all.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Can’t you just leave the harbour and go to the Bahamas in your super yacht?

I may be going away for some time.

I have just seconds ago received a recorded phone call from HMRC telling me I am being investigated for tax fraud and must press #1 to be connected to an operator. I didn't press #1 and the message said in the case of not pressing #1 a warrant will be issued and I will be arrested shortly......

I am now hiding behind the sofa and will not answer the door.... Wish me luck :hello:
I got the same bot call yesterday. Someone's hilarious idea of a jape during lockdown. Bloody idiots.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have just seconds ago received a recorded phone call from HMRC telling me I am being investigated for tax fraud and must press #1 to be connected to an operator. I didn't press #1 and the message said in the case of not pressing #1 a warrant will be issued and I will be arrested shortly......

I am now hiding behind the sofa and will not answer the door.... Wish me luck :hello:
You must always press whichever number they advise you to press, it is your civic duty to waste as much of their time as possible, whilst you are wasting theirs they can't be harrassing some poor other sap who may fall for their con
Don't worry, I'm sure it will take them a long time to travel from Nigeria. Then there's the quarantine.
You have to be joking, anyone can walk, fly, sail into the UK with no restrictions, Brazil for instance

There are 33 countries with which Britain does not have an extradition agreement: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bhutan, Cameroon, China, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Madagascar, Mongolia, Namibia, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, UAE, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Yemen

Rocky

Hello decadence
There are 33 countries with which Britain does not have an extradition agreement: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bhutan, Cameroon, China, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Madagascar, Mongolia, Namibia, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, UAE, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Yemen
I’d add Manchester to that list

rikki

Legendary Member
Are these lists available for other countries?
Asking for a friend.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You must always press whichever number they advise you to press, it is your civic duty to waste as much of their time as possible, whilst you are wasting theirs they can't be harrassing some poor other sap who may fall for their con

That's not a good idea. I've heard you get put through to a premium rate number costing £3.50 per minute and they are very good at keeping you talking.

This could be utter rubbish of course.

Cycling_Samurai

Duly noted. Please continue to wait behind your couch. Officers will be upon you soon!

MntnMan62

Über Member
I get 2 or 3 of these calls a week, along with calls from credit card companies looking to lower my interest rate and apology calls from the utility company for overcharging me. Since I’m not especially busy these days, I press whatever number they tell me to. I have yet to be charged for any of these calls. I also find it extremely interesting that no matter which call I am on, the person on the other end always has the same accent. I believe it is Pakistani because I was able to get one of them talking for quite a while and when I asked where he was, he said Pakistan. I get a kick out of finding ways to keep them on the phone for as long as I can. One of the most common comebacks I get from them is that last night he “f***ed my mother.” My comeback is “That’s interesting because my mother is dead. So, you like f***ing corpses?” They don’t know what to say, tell me to go f*** myself and hang up. They aren’t very original and it’s pretty easy to mess with them. And, it’s fun.

Top Bottom