Farewell, nice knowing you all.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Years back I had a woman ring me up about a share offer. Now I had the shares in question. I’m in the share holder register. The share price tanked whilst I was travelling round the world. It’s never been worth selling them since.

Anyway she said they were making a certain offer per share and was I interested? Well, the offer sounded decent so I said yes. The call went on a fair while and then at the end she says what did I think. I said send the offer by letter to my registered address and if it checks out I reply to it. Well at this point I got all this crap about I had to give bank details over the phone. No I said, send the offer in writing, and I’ll review it. She didn’t like that. So after a bit more backwards and forwards she said that I’d been wasting her time. I said well she’s the one who rang me. At which point she swore and hung up on me. All in all a success I’d say. Still got the worthless shares though!

D

Deleted member 26715

Not a real number, you could ask you operator why they are allowing calls with that CallerID

Reactions: C R
This was a call to my mobile, and showed up as a UK mobile number???
if the call isn't from a number in my contact list or from a town I'm expecting a call from, like a car dealer I reached out to, I dismiss it. basically I don't accept calls from #s I don't know. but if I do, because I'm expecting a call from a given town, my first words are "hello who's calling please". if they ask me my name, I again ask "who's calling". after I confirm they are who I was expecting, I will engage in a conversation

as a matter of courtesy, whenever I call someone, even w family, I introduce myself, the 1st words are "hi, this is *_____* from *___* company, then I feel free to ask if the person who answered is the person I called. oh man just got reminded of those Ernestine skits by Lily Tomlin

View: https://youtu.be/RFz2iFMygSg

Reactions: C R

MntnMan62

Über Member
if the call isn't from a number in my contact list or from a town I'm expecting a call from, like a car dealer I reached out to, I dismiss it. basically I don't accept calls from #s I don't know. but if I do, because I'm expecting a call from a given town, my first words are "hello who's calling please". if they ask me my name, I again ask "who's calling". after I confirm they are who I was expecting, I will engage in a conversation

as a matter of courtesy, whenever I call someone, even w family, I introduce myself, the 1st words are "hi, this is *_____* from *___* company, then I feel free to ask if the person who answered is the person I called. oh man just got reminded of those Ernestine skits by Lily Tomlin

View: https://youtu.be/RFz2iFMygSg

I do the same thing. So many times I get "Is this Todd (Mrs. MM)?" I then ask who's calling. Many times they will just say their first name and nothing more. I respond with "From where?" Sometimes they have balls and say "Is this Todd?" again. And I'll repeat, "Where are you from Steve?" Then they give me some bogus name or some innocuous industry name that means nothing. That's when the fun really begins.

Top Bottom