Farewell, nice knowing you all.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
My neighbour got one of these calls, but it was two days before the blue lights were flashing outside his door.
You have time to build a concealed bunker or to flee, the choice is yours.
I had a blue flashing light in my garden the other night....heard this groaning, wheezing sound too. Blonde lady said she'd be back for the blue box later......:whistle:

postman

Legendary Member
I too like to keep them on the phone, while they are entertaining me they are not scamming some unsuspecting victim, some of them are clueless and I get the impression they just follow a script, so you can baffle them with bullshit, I engaged the HMRC guy who's first question was, "what is your name" I don't think they will cancel my National Insurance number and prosecute me, if they don't know my name, after a while he gave some abusive comment and hung up. I will always waste their time, they don't have a problem wasting mine.
What is your name,dont tell him Pike.

postman

Legendary Member
Latest scam is a message from Royal Mail,attempted delivery and they want two pounds fifty,and your details,right go on then.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I just received one that I have not gotten before. It was an automated recording from Amazon saying I have ordered an iPhone for $799 and to press one if I want to cancel and speak to a person. I pressed one and it disconnected me. I'm sure I'll get more of these and will get connected with someone. I'm guessing it will be like all the other phone scams I've heard thus far.

Venod

Eh up
I just received one that I have not gotten before. It was an automated recording from Amazon saying I have ordered an iPhone for $799 and to press one if I want to cancel and speak to a person. I pressed one and it disconnected me. I'm sure I'll get more of these and will get connected with someone. I'm guessing it will be like all the other phone scams I've heard thus far.
That's a popular one in the UK, my favourites are the computer related ones, where they want you to bring up all the error logs and tell them how many warnings and faults are listed, you can keep them interested for ages thinking they have a victim, one call said they were from Microsoft and faults had being flagged up about illegal activities on my computer, when I said I'm on a Mac, they put a Mac expert on the line. :wacko:

That's a popular one in the UK, my favourites are the computer related ones, where they want you to bring up all the error logs and tell them how many warnings and faults are listed, you can keep them interested for ages thinking they have a victim, one call said they were from Microsoft and faults had being flagged up about illegal activities on my computer, when I said I'm on a Mac, they put a Mac expert on the line. :wacko:
I used to do that - especially with the computer related one as I have been fixing computers for decades
However, recently I have found that sometimes , if I keep them on the line for ages the number of calls, instead of dropping off quickly, increases - by quite a lot
I am starting to wonder if some of the scammer are starting to try to dissuade people from doing this by passing the time waster onto as many other scammer as possible???
I started pressing the required button (it was '1' this morning and politely asking them to take me off their list - this also seems - possibly - to increase calls.
I am currently just hanging up as soon as possible

MntnMan62

Über Member
I pick and choose when I decide to pick up the calls. If I'm busy, I let it ring and let it go to voicemail. But when I am in the mood to mess with someone, I'll pick up the phone and see how long I can keep them on. I also noticed that when attempting to have my number removed from their list, I suddenly start getting more calls. So I no longer do that. I just mess with them or not on my schedule.

we unplugged our land line

Top Bottom