Farmers about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Because not many people cycle, and cars are largely immune?

I did once have a new Nokian car tyre punctured by a thorn, which must have got through the weave of the steel belts. £80 down the drain as the repair plug failed.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Given that farmers are working all hours to keep us fed, I tend to cut them a little slack. Besides, running tubeless I don't have puncture issues with thorns (that is to say that the punctures still happen - they must do because I can see the witness marks on the tyres - but they seal themselves without me even knowing anything had happened).

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Given that farmers are working all hours to keep us fed, I tend to cut them a little slack. Besides, running tubeless I don't have puncture issues with thorns (that is to say that the punctures still happen - they must do because I can see the witness marks on the tyres - but they seal themselves without me even knowing anything had happened).
What about the lorry drivers delivering food, the one's that close pass cyclist's, do you cut them a bit of slack?

Slick

Guru
Actually, I think they are obliged to cut these hedges by a certain time. I think it was before the end of October round here.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Farmers are cutting the hedges leaving the road covered in hedge cuttings ,they never brush it up after themselves .How is this allowed.

They do it twice a year , have you only just noticed ?

Seriously? On your travels in the Countryside, the activity is notable by its absence.

They get away with a lot more mess than almost any other industry.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

It is costly and not very easy to sweep up hedge cuttings. You need to buy or hire some sort of skid steer loader with the sweeping attachment on the front. And even then it only sweeps, it doesn't pick up. it's less danerous than letting the hedgerows grow into the road
A good hard yard brush would do it

figbat

Slippery scientist
What about the lorry drivers delivering food, the one's that close pass cyclist's, do you cut them a bit of slack?
The two aren't mutually inclusive. Plenty of lorry drivers delivering food do so safely. I do cut trucks slack, yes. I used to get worked up if following a slow-moving truck or tractor along a road with no overtaking opportunities - now I stay calm and hope they can keep the supply chain open.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

The two aren't mutually inclusive. Plenty of lorry drivers delivering food do so safely. I do cut trucks slack, yes. I used to get worked up if following a slow-moving truck or tractor along a road with no overtaking opportunities - now I stay calm and hope they can keep the supply chain open.
The only supply they care about is there bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom