Farmers about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A bit off slant i know but those conker casings from the horse chestnut tree you see on the road at this time of year always look like a puncture awaiting.
Anyone had a puncture from one of them?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
How is this allowed.
It isn't in a formal sense. Such things are required to be tidied up.

I came across a couple of hedgecutter types using those reversed vacuum cleaner things blowing the hedge cuttings off the road into the gutter/verge a couple of years ago. I gave them a cheery thank you.

There is a bit of road near here which trucks use to take approved waste to landfill over a muddy field. They drag a lot of mud out onto the tarmac but being a responsible outfit they have a brush sweeper thing going up and down the road during the times they make a mess.

So some good practice out there but I fear it's rare.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

It isn't in a formal sense. Such things are required to be tidied up.

I came across a couple of hedgecutter types using those reversed vacuum cleaner things blowing the hedge cuttings off the road into the gutter/verge a couple of years ago. I gave them a cheery thank you.

There is a bit of road near here which trucks use to take approved waste to landfill over a muddy field. They drag a lot of mud out onto the tarmac but being a responsible outfit they have a brush sweeper thing going up and down the road during the times they make a mess.

So some good practice out there but I fear it's rare.
I agree with you.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm alright, it's all dry stone walls round here.

Bianchi boy

Über Member
i thought farmers had a legal obligation to clean up the highway when cutting hedges, and the council should enforce it if they fail to do so, they are a menace the way they drive around the country lanes with their illegal trailers in tow, :angry::angry:

Milzy

Guru
Given that farmers are working all hours to keep us fed, I tend to cut them a little slack. Besides, running tubeless I don't have puncture issues with thorns (that is to say that the punctures still happen - they must do because I can see the witness marks on the tyres - but they seal themselves without me even knowing anything had happened).
Do you also cut them a little slack for all the spilled diesel on the roads?

i thought farmers had a legal obligation to clean up the highway when cutting hedges, and the council should enforce it if they fail to do so, they are a menace the way they drive around the country lanes with their illegal trailers in tow, :angry::angry:
Just like cleaning all the mud they leave on the road when leaving a field, and no it's hardly an inconvenience to cyclists but I also ride a Motorcycle and it is a hazard then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom