Farmers & Crop Sprayers

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Is it a rule that if a farmer has to put a crop sprayer out that they have to put it in such a place as the water pipe must cross the bridleway & that they have to position it in such a way it's not possible to pass the water spray on the bridleway without getting wet?

Three times tonight I came across this, three times the pipe was across the track, one of them was so high that it was impossible to hop the bike over I had to lift it over, and three times I couldn't get past without getting wet.

classic33

Leg End Member
Normally carried folded on the road. Maybe they were cleaning them out, ready for use.

Slick

Guru
If they are cleaning it, a public highway isn't the place to do it. Even if they're checking, just before use, it should be done in the field.
A bridleway, he's trying to do a job and for whatever reason felt it necessary to do what he did and were talking enforcement from local council and worse still he's called Bob.:laugh:.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I think the OP's referring to a spray irrigator rather than a chemical sprayer. At the moment, farmers are fairly desperate to save their crops, so perhaps some unorthodox pipe arrangements are being used to get to fields that wouldn't normally need water.

[edit] Should add that the hydrant points served by a farm reservoir and pump are fixed and temporary interlocking alu pipework is laid to get to fields served by each hydrant. Too many years ago than I care to remember, I used to have to carry these pipes from field to field, which were long, light and impossible to control in wind. I also used to swim in the reservoir!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

All three of them were this type all in action none being cleaned.

radial-water-sprayer-for-agricultural-field-irrigation-in-wildwood-AM2J92.jpg

VMQ1uR

classic33

Leg End Member
It's probably indicative of how we live but I'm just amazed that that's our go to response.

Sorry but I find that a bit sad.
Maybe it is, in ways a bit sad, but there's plenty out there that wouldn't be bothered about blocking a Right of Way. Seen as an intrusion at best, at worst a loss of land usage.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's probably indicative of how we live but I'm just amazed that that's our go to response.

Sorry but I find that a bit sad.

Sad that farmers have to obey the same laws the rest of us do? That's the bottom line. If I obstructed a bridleway when a farmer wanted to get his or her tractor down it you can bet they'd be quick to complain.

It probably wouldn't bother me personally, BTW, and the weather is unusual.

Top Bottom