1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farting etiquette

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 17 Jul 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

...do you sit or stand on your bike to let rip?...for me it's a case of who is behind me....it's a serious question affecting the aerodynamics of my ride :blush: :eek: :laugh: :tongue:

2. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

We stayed away last weekend for my wifes birthday. Nice family room in a nice hotel. I let one go, quite subtly, and nearly killed the entire family. I was laid on the bed at the time, but gently lifted to one side if that helps :eek:

3. barq

barq Senior Member

If you are worried about aerodynamics you should surely be trying to use the fart as a form of propulsion. :eek:

4. i refer you to my name :eek: :blush:

5. Big Bren

Big Bren New Member

I thought cycling was meant to be low emmissions?!

Have you considered adding a lighter to your toolkit and attempting to revisit the popular schoolboy lark of lighting your farts? You never know - some form of crude jet propulsion may ensue? :eek:

Bren

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Farting is so much more fun when you're piloting a tandem.

7. bof

bof Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please

Use a lighter - as shown in my avatar

8. JamesAC

JamesAC Senior Member

I used to catch the 'bus to work, about 7:30 in the morning, very quiet.

One day, I was standing there all on my own, when I felt the urge to "let one rip". So I did a splendidly sonorous and resounding rectal rasberry.

Then I noticed, that un-beknown to me, half-a-dozen people had joined the Q behind me.

They all looked a bit po-faced!!

:eek:

9. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

Twist the handlebar grip like a throttle a few times as you let rip. :eek: :laugh: :blush:

10. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

A slight lift of one cheek is "de rigeur", I believe. Careful not to "follow though", though! :eek:

11. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

My 2 yr-old physically wretches if she catches the slightest whiff of one. Most embarrassing if you're at the in-laws and trying to ease the gutteral pressure of a Sunday lunch on the sly.

I thought it was just me that had the power but Mrs DLC has since been uncovered as a sniper by mini as well. Better than a canary.

12. I was getting some money out of a cashpoint in Greece a while ago. Because it was bright sunlight, I was hunched over the machine so I could read the screen. When I felt the urge to step on a duck, I did so, without realising that some poor woman had joined the queue and was standing right behind me. Oh, the shame. :tongue:

13. Back on topic, I stand to drop air biscuits while on the bike. Often I need to freewheel too.

14. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

Reminds me of a retired teacher who cycles with my training group and always has the same retort when anyone lets rip ..... "come out brown, for talking"