Farting etiquette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...do you sit or stand on your bike to let rip?...for me it's a case of who is behind me....it's a serious question affecting the aerodynamics of my ride :blush: :eek: :laugh: :tongue:

barq

If you are worried about aerodynamics you should surely be trying to use the fart as a form of propulsion. :eek:

Big Bren

I thought cycling was meant to be low emmissions?!

Have you considered adding a lighter to your toolkit and attempting to revisit the popular schoolboy lark of lighting your farts? You never know - some form of crude jet propulsion may ensue? :eek:

Bren

JamesAC

I used to catch the 'bus to work, about 7:30 in the morning, very quiet.

One day, I was standing there all on my own, when I felt the urge to "let one rip". So I did a splendidly sonorous and resounding rectal rasberry.

Then I noticed, that un-beknown to me, half-a-dozen people had joined the Q behind me.

They all looked a bit po-faced!!

:eek:

Tetedelacourse

Fnaar said:
A slight lift of one cheek is "de rigeur", I believe. Careful not to "follow though", though! :eek:

My 2 yr-old physically wretches if she catches the slightest whiff of one. Most embarrassing if you're at the in-laws and trying to ease the gutteral pressure of a Sunday lunch on the sly.

I thought it was just me that had the power but Mrs DLC has since been uncovered as a sniper by mini as well. Better than a canary.

I was getting some money out of a cashpoint in Greece a while ago. Because it was bright sunlight, I was hunched over the machine so I could read the screen. When I felt the urge to step on a duck, I did so, without realising that some poor woman had joined the queue and was standing right behind me. Oh, the shame. :tongue:

Blue

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:
Careful not to "follow though", though! :tongue:

Reminds me of a retired teacher who cycles with my training group and always has the same retort when anyone lets rip ..... "come out brown, for talking"

snorri

Legendary Member
"Blue said:
[quote name="] Reminds me of a retired teacher who cycles with my training group and always has the same retort when anyone lets rip ..... "come out brown[/size']' date=' for talking"[/quote']
On a similar theme, from the ancient world of telephone switchboard operators, "Speak up Brown, you're through". :tongue:

Top Bottom