Fast food, becoming a ripoff ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Not as good a a Pork Pie though. :mrpig:
Now you’re talking!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I fail to understand why intelligent people still have fast food, knowing all the crap that goes into it.
Well as I am degree level educated (Biochemistry) and with 30 years in the food industry I know pretty much what goes into quite a lot of it.

And yes I still eat it. And yes I get pissed at people constantly calling it crap from a position of little knowledge.
Is it perfect? No, but nothing is, but if knew the truth you’d be amazed how good it really is.....

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well as I am degree level educated (Biochemistry) and with 30 years in the food industry I know pretty much what goes into quite a lot of it.

And yes I still eat it. And yes I get pissed at people constantly calling it crap from a position of little knowledge.
Is it perfect? No, but nothing is, but if you walked in my shoes you’d be amazed how good it really is.
With all respect, I beg to differ.

irw

Quadricyclist
A bacon roll is one of the finest foods known to man (if you don't fubar it with brown sauce). Seek out the mobile shacks parked near builders merchants. They are the experts.

+1. I've been known to drive to the Screwfix that's slightly further away than the closest one in order to patronise the van that's parked on their forecourt if I've not had any lunch and I'm well stuck into a job- the chap does a lovely bacon and egg barm!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Is it perfect? No, but nothing is, but if knew the truth you’d be amazed how good it really is.....

Oh come, I know we would all defend a good employer (and they are that) but your oft repeated protests on McDonald's being "real food" are transparent shilling.

It's crap, sugary, syrupy sweet crap at that, and highly calorific junk food. Yes I know it's real beef, real coffee beans, real potatoes... (but it's a sad company who needs to assure people that its beef comes from cows and its chips come from potatoes). Tellingly It's also real sugar, from sugar cane, and real fat, from animals, and lots of it, in both cases.

A *medium* big mac meal is over half the calorie intake of what a human needs in a day, and people have that for lunch, not their main meal. Go large and you're at the threshold of that being all you're allowed, (unless you like wearing size 22 dresses as a matter of course).

Yes, you eat it occasionally and yes, it won't kill you occasionally, but the constant queue of people at every "I can't even be arsed to get out of my McCar" McDrive is testament to the fact that for many it's far from occasional. It's a long term habit.

Its terrible, sugary, highly calorific crap which is helping lazy Brits become ever more obese and lazy, and shame on you for defending it.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
+1. I've been known to drive to the Screwfix that's slightly further away than the closest one in order to patronise the van that's parked on their forecourt if I've not had any lunch and I'm well stuck into a job- the chap does a lovely bacon and egg barm!
You can usually find good one's near Wickes branches too.

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh come, I know we would all defend a good employer (and they are that) but your oft repeated protests on McDonald's being "real food" are transparent shilling.

It's crap, sugary, syrupy sweet crap at that, and highly calorific junk food. Yes I know it's real beef, real coffee beans, real potatoes... (but it's a sad company who needs to assure people that its beef comes from cows and its chips come from potatoes). Tellingly It's also real sugar, from sugar cane, and real fat, from animals, and lots of it, in both cases.

A *medium* big mac meal is over half the calorie intake of what a human needs in a day, and people have that for lunch, not their main meal. Go large and you're at the threshold of that being all you're allowed, (unless you like wearing size 22 dresses as a matter of course).

Yes, you eat it occasionally and yes, it won't kill you occasionally, but the constant queue of people at every "I can't even be arsed to get out of my McCar" McDrive is testament to the fact that for many it's far from occasional. It's a long term habit.

Its terrible, sugary, highly calorific crap which is helping lazy Brits become ever more obese and lazy, and shame on you for defending it.
The number of folk that don't know that chips are made from potatoes, or that beef comes from cows is staggering.

You can extrude "French fries" from pulped potatoes, often with other "ingredients" added.

Stephenite

Membå

It's sh it e.

MntnMan62

Über Member
The only fast food I ever get, and it is quite rare, is a two cheeseburger meal at McDonalds. Two cheeseburgers, small fries and a bottled water. I may get it when I'm out and about and too lazy or hungry to wait until I get home to make myself a sandwich. I think the above costs me all of $6.39. A pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom