'Fast' Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
For the new bike I've ordered, I will 'need' some new, decent, tyres.

I'm not sure whether to go for the ever popular 4000SII, or something slightly more extravagant (with tan sidewalls perhaps). The bike will be a 'dry' bike, and used as best, so they don't need to put up with commuting in all conditions. I'm very tempted by some Victoria's, but am worried they'll be cut to shreds by the time I reach the first cafe...

What do you have on your 'best' bike?

"Best tyres*" and "best bike" are mumbo jumbo talk

*not that you used that term, but you get my drift

S-Express

Vittoria - no reason why they should cut up, although it obviously depends on the surface. If your current tyres get cuts, then any others you buy will probably also get cuts.

In truth, there is very little to separate any of the top end race tyres from Conti, Vittoria, Schwalbe, etc, so buy whatever you like the look of, or whatever you can find on offer.

Vittoria - no reason why they should cut up, although it obviously depends on the surface. If your current tyres get cuts, then any others you buy will probably also get cuts.

In truth, there is very little to separate any of the top end race tyres from Conti, Vittoria, Schwalbe, etc, so buy whatever you like the look of, or whatever you can find on offer.

Well I can speak highly of Vittoria's MTB tyres.
The best yet in fact.
Well,that and my old school Nokian's of course.

Well I can speak highly of Vittoria's MTB tyres.
The best yet in fact.
Well,that and my old school Nokian's of course.
Nokians...theres a blast from the past. I had Kojaks on my mtb for a while...who luvs ya baby!

:cheers:
Nokians...theres a blast from the past. I had Kojaks on my mtb for a while...who luvs ya baby!
These baby's see me through many winters
Sorry,crap photos but you get the idea of their grippyness (is that even a word )?^_^:becool:
IMG_0159.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Continental Grand Prix 'Supersonic' 700x20, the most uncomfortable puncture prone tyre going but by gawd they're 'fast' especially run at close to their 'max rated pressure'........................170psi. :eek:

I've got innertubes that weigh more. :ohmy:

Top Bottom