Fastest you've been on your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What's that in English?
89.98 km/hr!

D

Deleted member 26715

I did 35mph on the MTB yesterday I was in a 30mph zone & did consider overtaking a car but I couldn't catch him

D

Deleted member 26715

That makes you sound about 89 years old... I was taught solely in the metric system from the age of 11, and that was way back in 1967! :laugh:
Interesting, I was 7 in 1967 & we were taught Imperial, never really touched Metric other than to be told it was the same but different

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Taught metric, but many measurements were (and still are) in imperial. I think fuel only stopped being sold in gallons in the late 80s? Food was sold in lbs, distance and speed is still measured in miles and mph. Milk was and still is in pints, although this is getting rarer. Beer is sold in pints.
I am very much a child of the metric system, born in 1973, but imperial measurements are still the official recognised units for various items and I will rightly continue to use them until they are replaced, it avoids any ambiguity....
'Now fast were you going?'
'56'
'56 what?'

Oldfentiger

Veteran
The same happens with full face motorcycle helmets, which is why earplugs are commonly worn by bikers. There is little or no wind noise with open face or no helmet at all.
I was riding with full face helmet in the 1980’s, when earplugs were not commonly used. Suffering because of it now with tinnitus.
Fastest speed on my bike......175mph indicated.
Is having an engine allowed? :whistle:
If not, then 49 point summat descending eastward off the Cote de Lofthouse.

Top Bottom