Fastest you've been on your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am a wimp going downhill. I don't trust the roads or my reaction times, and I've learned the hard way how long it takes me to recover from injury, so I usually (meaning always!) chicken out before 40mph.

I was chuffed today to get to 28mph on the flat (tbf there was a very strong tail wind).

Cavendish's record is safe!

56 mph on a tandem. :eek: I can't help but picture Mrs Beanz giving you what for at the bottom. ^_^

Ha ha ha actually she is a very relaxed stoker which makes it great. So I didn't get balled out but we both came to the same conclusion, we don't want to do that again! :cry:

Nebulous

Guru
34mph downhill at Old Newton past the church. I could go faster but value my life too much ( just too scared ! ). I always think " what if a rabbit or pheasant were to come out of the hedgerow ?". It has happened and I have been lucky. Even so at 34 a rabbit could take me out. When I was younger I never even thought about it. Older and wiser perhaps ? or just Mr Cautious ?

I was desperate to break 50 mph for a long time. The first time I came down Glenshee I thought I would do it, when up ahead I saw a large bird of prey sitting on a dead rabbit in the middle of the road. I slowed down thinking - if that thing takes off and hits me it could kill us both. It waited until I was about 30 metres away then took off quite casually and unhurriedly.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I was desperate to break 50 mph for a long time. The first time I came down Glenshee I thought I would do it, when up ahead I saw a large bird of prey sitting on a dead rabbit in the middle of the road. I slowed down thinking - if that thing takes off and hits me it could kill us both. It waited until I was about 30 metres away then took off quite casually and unhurriedly.
Bird was probably hoping a rabbit would jump out in front of you.

Had I have been about 5 secs earlier this afternoon I might have been taken out by a muntjac deer and I was only doing about 20mph, you just never know. Of course it would have been the muntjac`s fault as it just did`nt look if the road was clear !

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
You should all be ashamed of yourselves. At least according to a bunch of self important cretins in Tavistock.

30mph cyclists are ‘more alarming’ than 50mph motorists according to a speedwatch group
They caught one motorist doing 50mph in a 40mph but said they were more worried about the danger posed by cyclists riding within the speed limit

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...h-motorists-according-speedwatch-group-427462

C R

Guru

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

This is the descent - Blackstone Edge to Littleborough:

View attachment 470303
I rode up to Blackstone Edge today, intending to do that descent again but the road was closed by a police van parked across the A58 next to the reservoir. The police officer attending told me that a motorcyclist had come off on one of the bends on the descent and was being treated by emergency services, but it looked very serious. :sad:

RETED25

Near end of Tri Test Ride approached infamous radar trap settled into coaches fast ahead position downhill ...made famous by Froomey ...but some twenty years before...German Polzei chased after me and issued speeding fine for 89.98 Kph ..damn should have put some effort in ...never again ...scary and very steep hill ...

Top Bottom