Fasting for 3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I woke up this morning in a very good mood. I had a great meal last night so I've decided this morning that as all the parts of my pschye and physical condition are in a good place then I can take on a 3 day fast.
Why?

OP
OP
Fat Lars

Fat Lars

Is this total absence of eating or more like the 5:2 diet where your restrict the calories on fast days?
The 5.2 diet is where you eat what you would normally eat for 5 days of the week. On the other 2 days (not consecutive days) you eat far fewer calories or nothing at all for 24 hours.
I am doing a 3 consecutive day fast which means no food at all for 72 hours. I can drink water and black coffee. The health benefits are off the wall good for you and a side effect is weight loss. I am quite strict keto anyway and it helps to be already fat adapted. I already do the 5.2 diet on keto where for 2 days a week I fast for 24 hours.
It's not for everyone. Paradoxically you do not feel hungry all the time. There are moments when you feel hungry and that's around meal times. And thats as a result of a hormone I think it's called Ghrelin that tells the body to eat. Physically the body can keep going without eating for many months under medical supervision.
It's cheap. (obviously) and is one of the best things you can do to boost your immune system. And after all we all need that to be the case in a pandemic or endemic virus situation.

Last edited:
The 5.2 diet is where you eat what you would normally eat for 5 days of the week. On the other 2 days (not consecutive days) you eat far fewer calories or nothing at all for 24 hours.
I am doing a 3 consecutive day fast which means no food at all for 72 hours. I can drink water and black coffee. The health benefits are off the wall good for you and a side effect is weight loss. I am quite strict keto anyway and it helps to be already fat adapted. I already do the 5.2 diet on keto where for 2 days a week I fast for 24 hours.
It's not for everyone. Paradoxically you do not feel hungry all the time. There are moments when you feel hungry and that's around meal times. And thats as a result of a hormone I think it's called Ghrelin that tells the body to eat. Physically the body can keep going without eating for many months under medical supervision.
It's cheap. (obviously) and is one of the best things you can do to boost your immune system. And after all we all need that to be the case in a pandemic or endemic virus situation.
what do you do during these 3 days?
what sort of activity/activities?

OP
OP
Fat Lars

Fat Lars

what do you do during these 3 days?
what sort of activity/activities?
It is definitely to do all things normally. When the insulin levels inevitably drop then Human Growth Hormone (HGH) rises. As one goes up the other one drops and v.v. When we are young HGH is helping to develop the body but lowers as we get older. This afternoon I'll be doing HIIT and some resistance training which is essentially on an empty stomach. Energy levels should remain very high. The body is burning mainly fat for fuel, and some glucose as well. On day 2 and day 3 I'll be missing out on doing any training as I would normally do.

I'll eat again slowly at first on Friday around 5.00pm. Initially some 5% Greek Yoghurt around 45 minuts before the main meal. TBH the last time on the morning of Day 3, I experienced some energy loss but was determined to see it through as I knew the wonderful things going on inside my body would stop if I eat. I'll do my normal weights on Saturday and then on Sunday wow. Amazing energy levels and a new set of white blood cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom