Fasting for 3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Today is my wedding anniversary. 49 years. Crap :laugh::laugh:
One short of the Silver.

Enjoy the day.

OP
OP
Fat Lars

Fat Lars

That's undoubtedly loss of faecal matter.. .You do appear to be spouting it.👍

Anyone else had the thought: "Is this the return of Drago?"
Undoubtedly sir.

I'm full of it. (i.e.sh1t). lets not beat about the bush call a spade a spade eh?

I'm also as fit as a fiddle. Weigh what I did as a (skinny) teenager. Take no meds whatsoever. Must be doing something right.
You can at least say that my shoot is of the highest quality. Give me that at least.

BTW How's yourself. What are you full of?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fat Lars

Fat Lars

I'm also doing a 3 day fast although I do have double cream in my coffee with stevia sweeteners but its a very small amount of double cream (double cream has fat but very low sugars so is unlikely to spike insulin in most people). I think 3 days fasting is not only safe but actually hugely beneficial as the body does a sort of mot on itself allowing more repair and improvements. The human body was never meant to have 3 meals a day with snacks in between in nature food is far less regular. My 3 day fast ends tomorrow morning. I set myself a target of losing 16kgs in January and hoping to achieve that or very close to it. Last weigh in I did I'd got to about 11kg lost or just over a week ago so I increased the 2 day fast of last week to 3 days this week. Combining fasting with walking and use of an exercise bike helps accelerate the weight loss. I'm not going to pretend its all fat loss though. We all know after over-eating at christmas the exhaust system can get a bit jammed up and fasting allows the body to clear up that which accounts for a good percentage of the weight loss.

I don't know how true it is but it was rumoured that John Wayne had 40lbs of fecal matter in his body when he died as the pain killers he took for his cancer caused huge constipation.

If I was guessing I'd probably achieve maybe 5-7kgs of actual fat loss over the month. That's roughly what my simple calculations predict based on my daily calorie needs, the exercise I've done and the very low calorie intake. I'm 6'2" with a rugby player build so my best weight is about 100kg. My so called smart scales states I have a weight of about 80kg without any fat allowing for my muscle mass. So I'm looking to get to 95-100kg.
That's great. A huge well done. From my experience the smart scales use an algorithm which is very broad brush to calculate body composition so not entirely accurate, but a good guide. The tape measure around the waist is a good indicator. Keep it up.

That's great. A huge well done. From my experience the smart scales use an algorithm which is very broad brush to calculate body composition so not entirely accurate, but a good guide. The tape measure around the waist is a good indicator. Keep it up.
Thanks, although it feels like this thread is a bit of a hostile crowd when it comes to fasting. I totally understand though the need for a long term lifestyle change when I get to my ideal weight for me but I see fasting as part of that just because of the huge health benefits of the occasional fasting.

OP
OP
Fat Lars

Fat Lars

Thanks, although it feels like this thread is a bit of a hostile crowd when it comes to fasting. I totally understand though the need for a long term lifestyle change when I get to my ideal weight for me but I see fasting as part of that just because of the huge health benefits of the occasional fasting.
I had better explain. There is another thread in this section re the Coronavirus. There was a difference of opinion that's all. As a result I am no longer able to post on that thread. I won the debate. They called in the moderator as they couldn't handle the truth.

So it's not the message, its the messenger they're after.

classic33

Leg End Member
I had better explain. There is another thread in this section re the Coronavirus. There was a difference of opinion that's all. As a result I am no longer able to post on that thread. I won the debate. They called in the moderator as they couldn't handle the truth.
Who are "they"?

OP
OP
Fat Lars

Fat Lars

Who are "they"?
How the hell do i know? I haven't got a direct line to the moderators. Have you?

I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of them that's for sure. Your post brought up the references to facebook Youtube and twitter and reputable sources, when that only applied to Medical Advice of which I was giving none. Also Anti Vax conspiracies. But I've already stated that I'm pro Vax. I've had 3 jabs and recommend everyone to get vaccinated. So where did that Anti Vax label come from. Not from anything I posted.

Edit: look this is getting really silly. Every time there is an exchange you guys come off worse. You can't handle the truth.. Simple as

OP
OP
Fat Lars

Fat Lars

That's the conundrum. Getting there to your ideal weight is one thing but how do you stay there? There is a big difference to what you and I are doing compared to dieting. Diets do not work. Every diet succeeds for an initial epriod and is followed by weight gain and more. Restricting calories but keeping to the same meal times and snacking reduces the metabolic rate so after the initial successful weight loss the indiviidual has to continue eating sparsely to keep their weight level. The key is insulin. By eating all the time even not very much then insulin levels remain elevated.

With fasting the body loses inflammation and the insulin levels fall throuh the floor, a very healthy process as you correctly pointed out. Totally different scenario. So when you reach your target weight you will find that your habits are there. I skip breakfast and don't eat until after 2.00 pm. I eat until I'm full. Don't feel hungry. If I do feel hungry then I will eat..

My target was 12 stone 7 lbs when I started IF, and my weight was virtually 14 stone even on a keto diet. I cut out the cappucino coffee and introduced double cream as you do yourself. Within 3 months I've got down past my target to 12 stone 1lb. Unbelievable. I'm fasting and eating keto for health reasons but you have to take the weight loss as a definite bonus. I feel great I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom