Fasting for 3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Needed tweeking. Much better now.
It's a good game.

OP
OP
Fat Lars

Fat Lars

Huh? Where did you get this idea from? And why would you even want an entire new set of white blood cells, given that a high granulocyte (immature white cells) count is not usually detected in healthy adults (except in pregnancy).

At about the 16 hour mark or so of fasting the body begins to enter a process called Autophagy.
Autophagy clears up damaged cells by using them as fuel. Stem cells will produce new cells. The overall effect is anti aging and regeneration.
I wouldn't recommend it for you. No offence but from what I've seen of you, you don't appear to have the personality to sustain it. In order to keep to the three days of fasting you need an even disposition and self discipline and determination. It's a tough ask if you believe in it. I f you don't well?
So anti-aging and regeneration. I've done it before so have first hand experience of the benefits.

ianbarton

Veteran
I woke up this morning in a very good mood. I had a great meal last night so I've decided this morning that as all the parts of my pschye and physical condition are in a good place then I can take on a 3 day fast.
After my bowel cancer operation, my bowel went into a spasm and basically stopped working, so if I ate anything I was sick soon after. I couldn't eat anything for about 5 days. After 24hrs I stopped feeling hungry and it was about 5 days before I could eat anything solid. I lost about 10kg over a couple of weeks. I wouldn't recommend it as a method of losing weight:sad:

At about the 16 hour mark or so of fasting the body begins to enter a process called Autophagy.
Autophagy clears up damaged cells by using them as fuel. Stem cells will produce new cells. The overall effect is anti aging and regeneration. I wouldn't recommend it for you. No offence but from what I've seen of you, you don't appear to have the personality to sustain it. In order to keep to the three days of fasting you need an even disposition and self discipline and determination. It's a tough ask if you believe in it. I f you don't well?
So anti-aging and regeneration. I've done it before so have first hand experience of the benefits.
You are Doctor Who aicmfp.

How old are you in human years?

OP
OP
Fat Lars

Fat Lars

After my bowel cancer operation, my bowel went into a spasm and basically stopped working, so if I ate anything I was sick soon after. I couldn't eat anything for about 5 days. After 24hrs I stopped feeling hungry and it was about 5 days before I could eat anything solid. I lost about 10kg over a couple of weeks. I wouldn't recommend it as a method of losing weight:sad:
Awful for you but if you needed to lose the weight a silver lining I guess.

Not quite as bad as that but back in 1989 I caught Hepatitis A.
The Liver doesn't function properly and your body turns yellow. You get yellow eyes and everything you eat tastes of bile. It's virtually Impossible to eat anything at all and keep it down. It took 3 months to fully recover. I must have looked skeletal

Huh? Where did you get this idea from? And why would you even want an entire new set of white blood cells, given that a high granulocyte (immature white cells) count is not usually detected in healthy adults (except in pregnancy).
I am sure you remember OP from the Covid thread and his medical research contributions.

Autophagy clears up damaged cells by using them as fuel. Stem cells will produce new cells. The overall effect is anti aging and regeneration.
I wouldn't recommend it for you. No offence but from what I've seen of you, you don't appear to have the personality to sustain it. In order to keep to the three days of fasting you need an even disposition and self discipline and determination. It's a tough ask if you believe in it. I f you don't well?
This is the second thread that you have been dispensing questionable medical content. My worry is that someone might actually take it.

OP
OP
Fat Lars

Fat Lars

This is the second thread that you have been dispensing questionable medical content. My worry is that someone might actually take it.
All questions answered and pronouncements made with documentary proof from reputable sources as I recall. No one is being asked to do what I am doing or take medical advice here or anywhere else come to that. In fact I I've been careful to say it's not for everyone and refer to your own doctor.

Oh and BTW the point of order that the mods were invoking from the "miserable bunch" to stop me posting anymore on the subject was to do with medical advice and not political at all. I had had enough anyway and TBH had already decided to end my contributions to it.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to say this. I'm not one for complaining to the moderators about anything. I'll leave that to the "Whiners"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fat Lars

Fat Lars

I'm away to my bed again I can feel a whistle coming on. Blast it's that dreaded "Colonel Bogie" .

Isn't Life great!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fat Lars

Fat Lars

Wow I've just weighed myself and I've lost 3lbs so far. Last meal was Tuesday evening. I miss my cup of tea first thing though

I'm also doing a 3 day fast although I do have double cream in my coffee with stevia sweeteners but its a very small amount of double cream (double cream has fat but very low sugars so is unlikely to spike insulin in most people). I think 3 days fasting is not only safe but actually hugely beneficial as the body does a sort of mot on itself allowing more repair and improvements. The human body was never meant to have 3 meals a day with snacks in between in nature food is far less regular. My 3 day fast ends tomorrow morning. I set myself a target of losing 16kgs in January and hoping to achieve that or very close to it. Last weigh in I did I'd got to about 11kg lost or just over a week ago so I increased the 2 day fast of last week to 3 days this week. Combining fasting with walking and use of an exercise bike helps accelerate the weight loss. I'm not going to pretend its all fat loss though. We all know after over-eating at christmas the exhaust system can get a bit jammed up and fasting allows the body to clear up that which accounts for a good percentage of the weight loss.

I don't know how true it is but it was rumoured that John Wayne had 40lbs of fecal matter in his body when he died as the pain killers he took for his cancer caused huge constipation.

If I was guessing I'd probably achieve maybe 5-7kgs of actual fat loss over the month. That's roughly what my simple calculations predict based on my daily calorie needs, the exercise I've done and the very low calorie intake. I'm 6'2" with a rugby player build so my best weight is about 100kg. My so called smart scales states I have a weight of about 80kg without any fat allowing for my muscle mass. So I'm looking to get to 95-100kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom