Fasting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I feel fine. It was a fasting day yesterday, which passed without problems, as usual.

It is now 13:40 the next day and I am only just starting to feel hungry, so I haven't eaten until now. I am looking forward to a big bowl of porridge in a few minutes time.

My weight loss picked up again after a plateau period. I can't think of any particular reason why that should be - I haven't got back into a full exercise regime yet, probaly doing about 5 or 6 hours of walking and cycling a week rather than the 15 or so hours I would like to average.

I will be back below 13 stone before Christmas, maybe even by the end of November. That will be the first time since 2006.

So, it is still a big :thumbsup: for 5:2 from me!

ColinJ

I just dipped into 13st 6 today originally started off at 14st 10
A woman in work told me I looked ill most people have said I looked really well, I feel well and she is clinically , seriously clinically obese.
I did start to look ill when I got down to 11 st 10 lbs in the early 2000s, so the low 12s will do me now.

I can't imagine that you look 'ill' at 13-6 unless you are over 6' 6" tall! Er ... how tall are you? :whistle: (I'm 6' 1")

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I did start to look ill when I got down to 11 st 10 lbs in the early 2000s, so the low 12s will do me now.

I can't imagine that you look 'ill' at 13-6 unless you are over 6' 6" tall! Er ... how tall are you? :whistle: (I'm 6' 1")
5'11'' and nobody else but this woman said I looked ill, although it shocked me, I thought no, she is playing a game.

ColinJ

5'11'' and nobody else but this woman said I looked ill, although it shocked me, I thought no, she is playing a game.
TBH So many people are overweight now, that I think a lot of folk are forgetting what being a healthy weight actually looks like!

13-1 today, but that was immediately post-fast, so it will be higher tomorrow after eating quite a big meal this evening. Still, 12-x can only be a few weeks away!

chugsy

I just dipped into 13st 6 today originally started off at 14st 10
A woman in work told me I looked ill most people have said I looked really well, I feel well and she is clinically , seriously clinically obese.
A women at work complimented me on my weight followed by asking if I was ill - I think in this case it was genuine concern however!!! Currently 175-176lbs with plenty of "accidental" luxury meals/desserts along the way :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

HeroesFitness

The fasting diet has not been round long enough for clinical long term evidence of benefits, but while there are no signs of many negative side effects then stick at it, it would be nice for you to share and document your results from fasting.

Spencer

ColinJ

The fasting diet has not been round long enough for clinical long term evidence of benefits, but while there are no signs of many negative side effects then stick at it, it would be nice for you to share and document your results from fasting.

Spencer
People have been fasting for religious reasons for thousands of years, and in the developing world it would not be unusual to go hungry every now and then due to shortage of food or the money to buy it. There is a huge body of knowledge on the subject!

Sharing and documenting results is what we have been doing over the past 29 pages of this thread.

Anyway, that's enough of that ... I haven't eaten anything for 18 hours so it is time for me to have my banana, 5 strawberries and 150 g of natural yoghurt! :thumbsup:

Mickthemove

Über Member
Brian Moore (that shy ex rugby hooker) has just started a variation of this 5:2 diet, and keeping a blog on it, he has linked in a load of medical thesis etc.

I am watching with interest, ( I would link to it but not sure how on the commanders computer!)

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.

Spencer
As Colin said the last 29 pages of this thread document our experiences, but this is where I am at.
I'm starting my 15th Month of fasting. I've stopped losing weight and have levelled out at just over 11st, I'm 5'11" tall so I now consider myself skinny! I have seen absolutely no negatives to this apart from the occasional hunger pang on fast day. My cycling times (time-trial) have improved due to weight loss and getting stronger from riding my fixed gear bike. I am noticably faster/fitter on my bike in general. I am now in 32 inch waist trousers and sometimes need a belt as well.
My last blood test results (I had the lot done) at the Doc's all came back in the normal range. In hindsight I seem to have felt less ill, less of the sniffly colds I used to get, but that could be a consequence of being a bit fitter, I don't know.
So that's where I am upto, I consider it my 'way of life', it works for me and has become my normal way of living.

HeroesFitness

As Colin said the last 29 pages of this thread document our experiences, but this is where I am at.
I'm starting my 15th Month of fasting. I've stopped losing weight and have levelled out at just over 11st, I'm 5'11" tall so I now consider myself skinny! I have seen absolutely no negatives to this apart from the occasional hunger pang on fast day. My cycling times (time-trial) have improved due to weight loss and getting stronger from riding my fixed gear bike. I am noticably faster/fitter on my bike in general. I am now in 32 inch waist trousers and sometimes need a belt as well.
My last blood test results (I had the lot done) at the Doc's all came back in the normal range. In hindsight I seem to have felt less ill, less of the sniffly colds I used to get, but that could be a consequence of being a bit fitter, I don't know.
So that's where I am upto, I consider it my 'way of life', it works for me and has become my normal way of living.
Well if it works for you and you have a clean bill of health you should stick at it unless you feel signs of tiredness and fatigue, I hope you keep this board updated with your continued progress.

Spencer :-)

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've just started a fairly radical fasting diet by cutting out 6 sandwiches at lunchtime and replacing them with a slim-a-soup. The idea being that my weight is generally stable despite the fact I have a c*** diet, however if I have a couple of weeks without cycling, a couple of pounds creep on then when I start cycling again my weight stabilises at the new weight. So I figure a couple of weeks of this slim-a-soup thing will have me down to around 15st 2lbs- 15st 5lbs from Sunday's weight of 16st 5lbs.

With the "looking ill" thing, I'm 6'6" and was told I looked ill when I dropped to 14st 6lbs

Top Bottom