Fat people in Lycra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Today we live in a society that does not care what you look like as they are too wrapped up in themselves to worry about you.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Jo Brand has this to say:
"People are always surprised that I take exercise, but I love swimming and cycling. It can be hard for fat people to exercise in public because they’re worried about how they look in Lycra. But we’re only trying to improve ourselves. We should be supported."
I read that yesterday and thought about starting a thread with the quote and ''Guess who said this.'' Not at all obvious.

postman

Legendary Member
I watched a Welsh triathalon yesterday,there were three guys on bikes that made Vernon look anorexic.Well done guys,some of those hills were steep.

Bryony

Veteran
I was sat in town having a breather from my ride dressed top to toe in lycra, when 3 teenage girls walked by me sniggering at what I looked like in my lycra (doesn't bother me) one of the girls made a comment so I responded by saying "at least I'm exercising, you're stuffing your faces with McDonalds!!" (They had just walked out of McDonalds with enough food for about 6 people!) My comment soon shut them up! :tongue:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't even like the title, I would much prefer large people in Lycra.
'Fat' does not mean the same thing as 'large'. You can be short and fat, tall and slim, or anywhere in between with huge muscles - lean, but still large.

When I was overweight, I was fat. 'Large' used like that is a euphemism like 'chubby' or 'cuddly'.

Top Bottom