Fat people in Lycra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My 2 teenagers find me lycra clad amusing, they call it my 'want to break free outfit' - dunno where the Freddie Mercury comparison came from as I have neither the looks and certainly not the body of the late, great man and both of them were born well after his death.
They do get it's just a thing I do, as long as I'm not wearing it when out with them.
I find getting slightly older is brilliant too, never did take any note about fashion, and now care even less about looks.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
They're moving faster than people sitting on the settee :smile: Applaud and encourage

Hyslop

Veteran
I was sat in town having a breather from my ride dressed top to toe in lycra, when 3 teenage girls walked by me sniggering at what I looked like in my lycra (doesn't bother me) one of the girls made a comment so I responded by saying "at least I'm exercising, you're stuffing your faces with McDonalds!!" (They had just walked out of McDonalds with enough food for about 6 people!) My comment soon shut them up! :tongue:
Well done you:thumbsup:If.you made one of them think,count it a success.I never worry about the lycra,Im comfortable and that frankly,is all that matters to me.I salute anyone who gets up and does something rather than just sit there and if that includes wearing lycra that might be a bit tight[dont mean you-promise] and maybe riding alongside me in my lurid kit,then they are OK by me! Im scrum-half shaped and in no position to criticise anyone else.quite a sight they tell me.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
I'd sooner see 100 imperfect bodies in Lycra than listen to one pious, honed exercise nazi bleat on about how bad they look.

I've pretty much given up listenings to other people's opinions, or indeed, having any of my own. I just do things.

Seems to work ok; haven't killed anyone yet - as far as I'm aware!. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom