Fat stain on leather settee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well i think it's a fat stain. When i say fat i mean the fat from an ice cream. I must've dozed off last night while eating a Cornetto type ice cream,only to wake up and find a mark on the settee. It's about the size of a penny. I've rubbed washing up liquid into it but it wont go. Any advice? The settee is tan in colour so it does tend to show marks,though this is the worst so far.

How can anyone fall asleep whilst eating ice cream?

vickster

Legendary Member
Anti meat yes,but not anti leather or anti fat(in small doses):tongue:
You do realise leather is purely a by product of beef production ;) sounds rather like double standards

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Google says this......

Remove Ice Cream Stains From:
Leather

Gently scrape any excess ice cream from the leather. Mix a solution of mild soap in lukewarm water. Swish to create a great volume of suds. Apply only the foam with a sponge. Wipe with a clean dry cloth. If a grease stain remains, powder the area with an absorbent, such as cornmeal. Give it plenty of time to work. Gently brush the stain off the leather. If after trying the cornmeal absorbent any trace still remains, try a leather cleaner, Tannery Vintage Leather Cleaner & Conditioner. Rub it in with a clean soft cloth and allow to dry. After either method, condition the leather with Tannery Vintage Leather Cleaner & Conditioner or Fiebing's Saddle Soap.

Top Bottom