Fat vs Sugar Documentary tonight BBC 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

openroad

Went out for a ride yesterday did 25 miles got home,glad that when I opened the cake tin there was a slice left to go with a large mug of tea luuurvly ^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
Might be a case of do what I say not do what I do.

Though it was a good,well constructed programme - but thats the 2nd time this week that i have seen very obese fitness and nutritional instructors

one for team sky and the other was i think Hibs football club during the Fan Fitness programme run by scottish football clubs.
Herein lies another problem, health professionals and fitness trainers who spout forth about healthy eating and exercise yet their own weight echoes that of the society they are part of.
In the run up to a recent operation I was subjected to a full medical / physical check up, everything was fine, the nurse carrying out the examination was obese. Is this not sending out the wrong message? It says to me that if staff in the medical profession are overweight then the rest of us are worrying too much. Mixed messages.
As a result of this I started to take note of all the hospital staff and there were actually very few who were not overweight to some extent.
In conclusion, I am sure that if I had a weight problem and the person advising me also had a weight problem, I would go elsewhere.

Reactions: 4F
In some ways, it was good, in using identical twins, who are both doctors. And they were fairly scientific in their approach. However, they skimmed through a lot, and didn't say if they were doing regular exercise for example. Also, 1 month isn't a very long time to actually build up a body of evidence of differing results. For example, on a fat based diet, it takes at least 3-6 weeks for the body to fully adapt to running on ketones from fat rather than glycogen (sugar) from carbs. And that would explain why Xand struggled up cycling up Box Hill compared with his brother.

I switched to a fat based diet nearly a year ago, and lost 8 kg in 8 weeks, getting rid of my beer gut mainly. It was at least a month before I got back my full strength cycling, as initially it felt like I'd lost about the top 25%, and I felt rather sluggish.

Bearing in mind the mixed message from the program, I'm not sure many people will take much notice about stopping eating cheescake.

Top Bottom