fatherhood. When is it too late?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I agree. I don't think we should over-analyse these things. As long as the child is loved is all that really matters. Who knows how our futures will pan out? Cherish the time you have together.
That's great from a "Rod Stewart viewpoint" , but maybe the kid won't be too keen to see a parent die when they are in their teens.?

Maz

Guru
That's great from a "Rod Stewart viewpoint" , but maybe the kid won't be too keen to see a parent die when they are in their teens.?
From experience, sadly, it can happen the other way around too; children passing away before their parents. None of us knows what future lies ahead of us, so make the most of it and don't be tied down by social norms.

al78

Guru
So lets put in the markers:
Aged 30 she meets the love of her life and wants Dad to walk her down the aisle -

Unfortunately she won't be able to go out in order to meet the love of her life as she is now a full time carer for her Dad.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Sorry Maz. Yes, things don't pan out quite how the actuaries tell us they will. It has happened in my family too. Nevertheless, I still think it is pretty selfish to bring a kid into the world without a reasonable expectation of being around until you have discharged your duties as a parent. BTW, whatever the kid's age at that point is a whole other matter and is a huge topic.

Unfortunately she won't be able to go out in order to meet the love of her life as she is now a full time carer for her Dad.

Yes, what's the point in that. The whole point in having kids is so they can keep you in the lifestyle to which you wish to become accustomed when you are older. She won't even be earning by then! :whistle:

I had my first son when i was 19 and my Grandaughter arrived when i was 40 :ohmy: my youngest son who is 16 now plays rugby for one of the local towns and as proud Dads we all go along to support and cheer our kids along .. one of the lads on Jakes team has a father who is in his late 70's and whilst the rest of the team think nothing of it the kid is very embarrassed by his father being so old compared to the other Dads

Top Bottom