Favourite cheese

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mr Phoebus said:
Never really been into cheese, but I've just discovered Wensleydale & Cranberry. ;)

Oh, yes. Very, very yes indeed.

I recommend a tour of the Wensleydale creamery. Not only for seeing how it's made and all that, but the shop has the most extensive range of tasting samples I've ever seen. I went along the counter and tasted one of each, bought four different pieces of cheese and then went back to double check a few...

Makes for a good Yorkshire day out, coupled with a Black Sheep brewery tour and lunch in their restaurant...:ohmy:

Mr Phoebus

Arch;34846][quote name= said:
Never really been into cheese, but I've just discovered Wensleydale & Cranberry. ;)

Oh, yes. Very, very yes indeed.

I recommend a tour of the Wensleydale creamery. Not only for seeing how it's made and all that, but the shop has the most extensive range of tasting samples I've ever seen. I went along the counter and tasted one of each, bought four different pieces of cheese and then went back to double check a few...

Makes for a good Yorkshire day out, coupled with a Black Sheep brewery tour and lunch in their restaurant...:ohmy:[/QUOTE]
Cracking cheese, Gromit.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Cheese trolleys are not uncommon in France - the cheeses are all different and they're all good. Last time I was in the alps I must have been about 2 days away from growing a rind. And being served up with caramelised onion chutney.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
What a lovely thread.

Okay...my favourite is goats cheese but I also love danish blue, stilton, emmenthal, gouda, wensleydale with apricots, edam, feta...

CHEESE!!! Love it SO much. No wonder I'm not built like a whippet.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Let's face it, if you let a whippet eat as much cheese as it liked, it wouldn't be built much like a whippet any more...;)

Has anyone tried Stinking Bishop? Our local farm shop sells it, and at first it tastes lovely. It's a soft cheese like brie or camembert. Then, you realise you can't get the smell out of your living room, or kitchen, or the rest of your house. You can even smell it when you put it at the bottom of the garden and shut all the windows. Phewee.

Emu

I'm not a great cheese fan but I've always liked chesire and marmite on toast. I also like mozarella with olives, tomatoes, basil, olive oil and black pepper.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Emu said:
I'm not a great cheese fan but I've always liked chesire and marmite on toast. I also like mozarella with olives, tomatoes, basil, olive oil and black pepper.

Try the same with feta - the texture is a little like cheshire...

Oh lord, I need some cheese. I've just had my second "someone just died" text message in a week, so I'm going home to stuff myself with red leicester and contemplate mortality...:ohmy:

And I think I have some parmesan in the fridge to grate over my tuna spaghetti for supper...:ohmy: ;)

Kirstie said:
Has anyone tried Stinking Bishop? Our local farm shop sells it, and at first it tastes lovely. It's a soft cheese like brie or camembert. Then, you realise you can't get the smell out of your living room, or kitchen, or the rest of your house. You can even smell it when you put it at the bottom of the garden and shut all the windows. Phewee.

Even worse, it makes you smell for weeks but you don't notice it yourself. ;)

Melvil

Sometimes I wonder at the fortitude of Cheesemongers - the sheer stinkiness of their shops is a wonder to behold, yet they don't seem to be bothered by it, I guess their noses adapt!

Top Bottom