Favourite film music scores.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

Lost Highway
Once Upon a Time in the West - is almost a character of itself...
The Third Man

bobbyp

The Third Man

I am against most current soundtracks. Poeple seem to have forgotten how to mix them and just go for enormous peaks of volume. I blame home cinema systems, people just want loud now, not well produced. Anyway, strayed a bit off topic there.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
bobbyp said:
I am against most current soundtracks. Poeple seem to have forgotten how to mix them and just go for enormous peaks of volume. I blame home cinema systems, people just want loud now, not well produced. Anyway, strayed a bit off topic there.

I totally agree.

Dead Man's Shoes.
Little Miss Sunshine.

But those are 'soundtracks' made up of individual tracks from different bands. The CDs are genuinely really good compilations of excellent music.

What I really dislike is where a film soundtrack is transformed into a stand alone orchestral piece which is performed at concerts. The music is frequently empty and feels like it's missing something, which of course is moving pictures to go with it. If I don't know a piece of music I can usually tell if it's been a film score because it just doesn't work as stand alone music.

bikie

Über Member
too many to list but here's a few
shawshank
starwars
matrix (not so much part 2 and 3)
L.A. confidentcial
jaws (not sure why)
Blade Runner
lord of the rings trilogy

dragon72

Guru
I'd have thought that someone, especially Dayvo, would have already mentioned one of my faves: The Big Lebowski
It's a cracking soundtrack.

However the released soundtrack curiously doesn't feature some of the best tracks including the great intro-piece "Tumbling Tumbleweed"

Top Bottom