Favourite film?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Chinatown
Sonatine
The Warriors
The Sacrifice
Summer with Monika
Betty Blue
Les Valseuses

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Hey some people are listing tons of stuff!

Big Sleep
Maltese Falcon
Court Jester
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Passport to Pimlico
Open Range
After Dark My Sweet
The Straight Story
Ulee's Gold
Taking of Pelham 123
No Way to Treat a Lady
Hudsucker Proxy
French Connection
Chinatown
TGTBATU
The Incredibles
Spirited Away
The Fighter
American Hustle
Ghostbusters
The Sting
Rebecca
Mulholland Drive
Diggstown
California Split
A Grand Day Out
The Day The Earth Stood Still
Any Laurel and Hardy short film

That's my 2...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It's an important film, the Cannibal Holocaust/Salo/Begotten of current cinema.

I agree with nothing it says by the way.
Hey, I'm not saying it's not a masterpiece of Lithuanian cinema. Or Welsh. Or something. I just don't think it exists....you made it up didn't you?

andyfraser

Über Member
It's an important film, the Cannibal Holocaust/Salo/Begotten of current cinema.

I agree with nothing it says by the way.
I felt Sprski Film was more about trying to shock than anything else. At least Salo and Cannibal Holocaust had something to say which makes watching them worthwhile.

I have no idea what Begotten was trying to say, if anything, though but it works well with Dragged Into Sunlight's first album!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Rush is also a VERY good film. You don't need an interest in Formula 1 to enjoy it.

We saw that at the flicks, it was excellent.

AndyRM

XOXO
I felt Sprski Film was more about trying to shock than anything else. At least Salo and Cannibal Holocaust had something to say which makes watching them worthwhile.

I have no idea what Begotten was trying to say, if anything, though but it works well with Dragged Into Sunlight's first album!

I could be wrong (or am being too generous to the director) but I think that Sprski Film made quite a few interesting points.

Begotten I only discovered because of Dragged Into Sunlight (Buried with Leeches was the song for the video) who are brutal but one of my current favourites. I think that as a film it's quite a piece of art, I've seen it sell for stupid money.

andyfraser

Über Member
I could be wrong (or am being too generous to the director) but I think that Sprski Film made quite a few interesting points.

Begotten I only discovered because of Dragged Into Sunlight (Buried with Leeches was the song for the video) who are brutal but one of my current favourites. I think that as a film it's quite a piece of art, I've seen it sell for stupid money.
It was the other way round for me. I'd seen Begotten in 2008, then discovered Dragged Into Sunlight, then saw the video. Widowmaker is awesome and I'm really looking forward to their collaboration with Gnaw Their Tongues.

Begotten is definitely an art piece. That first scene will stay with me forever!

anothersam

SMIDSMe
More favs: Serpico. Dog Day Afternoon - John Cazale was a phenomenal actor, died too young.

dogday.jpg

Love gritty 70s NYC movies.
Also The Wrestler as mentioned above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom