fed up with winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gillstay

Über Member
Cycled around a nice bit of Wales on Saturday and noticed that its still too warm for the Field fares to turn up. Lots of Redwings, but not them.
Had the place to ourselves as well ! Fab.

Chislenko

Veteran
I went out for couple of hours this morning and I have to admit don't usually feel the cold, keep going, keep warm! However being a male of a certain age and having had my normal four cups of coffee in the morning prior to going out I had to stop and find a tree.

I never got warm again and the last 10 mile I was absolutely frozen!! Still a nice ride though and my Saturday reward is a full cooked breakfast 🙂

I don't like cycling when the temp is near freezing, but prefer to go for long walks. I keep up a pace that makes me work hard and find that I don't get the problems with my hands and feet that I do when cycling. After a two hour walk I feel I have worked just as hard as on a two hour bike ride, plus the variation is better for bone density than cycling.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I don't like cycling when the temp is near freezing, but prefer to go for long walks. I keep up a pace that makes me work hard and find that I don't get the problems with my hands and feet that I do when cycling. After a two hour walk I feel I have worked just as hard as on a two hour bike ride, plus the variation is better for bone density than cycling.
The older I get and more aches and pains, I find I am walking a lot more and really enjoying it. I don’t seem to recover from more intense exercise as well now either. If I do cycle, it has to be enjoyable and going out in poor weather isn’t.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
@Juan Kog total thread hijack, where did you get the bracket for your rear light? I’ve never seen one mounted like that. Looks great.
@bikingdad90 Thanks , sorry I have had it a long time and don’t remember. I think I originally bought it to mount a dynamo front light, but decided it didn’t look strong enough.
I will post a close up tomorrow .

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
@Juan Kog total thread hijack, where did you get the bracket for your rear light? I’ve never seen one mounted like that. Looks great.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Some leggings to brighten your winter cycling.

il_fullxfull.310014072.jpg

a winter beast may be heading our way, or it might blow out into the ocean. hmmm ... which do I prefer ...?
If it's going to be wind as well, I'd prefer it to be heading our way. The last time it was windy I could hear a banging noise coming from the roof/attic so I've been waiting for some wind ever since so I can actually locate where the noise is coming from and sort it out.

Come on wind, show up!

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
If it's going to be wind as well, I'd prefer it to be heading our way. The last time it was windy I could hear a banging noise coming from the roof/attic so I've been waiting for some wind ever since so I can actually locate where the noise is coming from and sort it out.

Come on wind, show up!
Be careful what you wish for . The wind may be so strong , the cause of the roof/ attic noise could end up on your front lawn .

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm going in early Feb for a week. Not taking my bike, but I am going to hire one. I've never been, but I need to work on my fitness and that should give it a bit of a boost.

Out for 40k today, a circular route, slogged out into 28mph wind, but it didn't feel like I had the full benefit of it on the way back.
Where are you staying? There is a mate from here going early mid Feb on cycle tour with Tenerife bike training.

Come on wind, show up!
looks like the jackpot for snow will be Southeastern Massachusetts but West of the Cape Cod Canal. possibly up to 18". my area might get 12". but the weather-ppl always give themselves an out in case it's much less :wacko: in my area the wind will be sustained for several hours at 22mph . down around the canal almost 30mph. & then there are the gusts ...

Top Bottom